The greatest auction catalog of all time...just got it in the mail...

19 posts in this topic

5,106 posts

There was a key left for me to pick up something in a box..it came in a white box..and it was heavy...when I opened it I totally knocked out....really....this is the the greatest auction catalog I have ever seen in my 50+ years of collecting...this is auction catalog done RIGHT...make that Great... I have never seen anything like this....

STALLONE the auction...the color, the graphics of this oversized 500 page catalog with a 3D front and back cover ...will go down in the record books..Stallone is selling by the way his Mad cover art painting.....for mad collectors out there....89007 rocky cover and Rambo Mad cover also.

Folks....THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT....I am still shaking my head....

Now here is my question to you...how much did it cost to produce..my guess 1/2 million easy

Edited by Mmehdy

5,729 posts

I was hoping to bid on some Rocky IV items but looks like I'm priced out. It's my favorite movie. Hopefully I get the catalogue.

23,952 posts

zero interest :sorry:

11,395 posts

So strange to see 17th-century baroque art listed alongside the "disco saddle" from the movie "Rhinestone."

23,499 posts

I'm so excited

And I just can't hide it

:lol:

5,106 posts

In the catalog, the president of Ha.com says there has never been a auction like this one...I just saw the movie Creed and sly was great in it and the movie was very entertaining....perfect timing on the auction. The catalog must cost close to 100 bucks each for production costs...

Edited by Mmehdy

13,066 posts

Interestingly, while he is selling watches, he's not selling any Panerai. Stallone was integral in the rebirth of the brand in the consumer market in the 1990s. Unlike the other "actor" models of watches (the "Paul Newman" Daytona, etc.) Stallone actually had his own branding on some of the early watches ("Slytech") He's a real fan of the brand, so I'm not surprised he's not selling.

14,238 posts

+1

93,180 posts
I just saw the movie Creed and sly was great in it and the movie was very entertaining....perfect timing on the auction

What a coincidence!

33,819 posts

+1

I don't really have an interest either, but the catalog is truly spectacular. It has been a heck of a conversation piece around the shop.

15,874 posts

+1

I don't really have an interest either, but the catalog is truly spectacular. It has been a heck of a conversation piece around the shop.

I've got to agree. Amazing production values. It's gotta be one of the greatest auction catalogs ever. I could see selling it for $100 on eBay with no problem.

58,304 posts

I got the box today but haven't opened yet

2,798 posts

it is impressive. surprised he went through Heriatage as opposed to Julian's

5,106 posts
I got the box today but haven't opened yet

I wish all catalogs looked like this one....they must be expecting at least 10 MIl in results

35,158 posts

First Blood was filmed outside of Vancouver, the same with Rocky IV, etc. I think Stallone is a big reason that Vancouver developed in Hollywood North.