• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for CGC Submitters posted by mzhammer

3 posts in this topic

CGC cases left side

I just got an order back of 9 books as well as just wrote to CGC regarding.

I found that 5 of the 9 books graded have the left side not sealed properly.

if you squeeze the left center you'll feel it is not connected, like a little breathing room. I'm just curious how many of you are experiencing and if anyone has any details regarding this? I've noticed it a lot. MY previous order of 2 books, both were like this. I wouldn't think much of it, it's not like the case is really opened up, but since 4 of the 9 are completely sealed, it's just really odd to me. As well, I've found it in probably a 3rd of books over all that i have purchased or graded.

any thoughts? understandings of?

Thanks!

See more journals by mzhammer

The outer cases are not supposed to be completely sealed. Those cases are exactly the way they are supposed to be. As long as all four corner posts are completely intact, the integrity of the case is fine.

CGC UPDATE!

After corresponding with CGC I have found that #1) none of the cases are actually sealed on the sides. All cases are sealed in the corners. #2) if they were sealed all the way around, air tight, that could actually be damaging to the comic. #3) It, ultimately, sounds like some cases just seal bit better than others.

I've wondered about this for a few years, mainly because a few books in my collection are a bit worse than others. CGC did offer to re-holder for me, but I just decided I'll let them be. It is mostly a question of wonder, how do some have this and some do not.

Anyway, still curious if of others experiences and thoughts on the subject.