• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is buying these?

51 posts in this topic

I think these are actually pretty hilarious. So bad they're good.

But you can not tell me that Marvel could not have gotten a better photographer? These look so amateur, and could have been done on a cell phone.

Amateur. Maybe that's the appeal of those comics. It's "real" people. Not professional models or celebrity. Not sculpted gods and goddesses. They do have a campy feel about them.

But there are sites that regularly post professionally taken cosplay photos and they look amazing, yet a media company puts out something that looks cheap. I get your thought, but question why they would go that route.

I didn't buy any of these but I would have if they had been normally priced comics. I had Captain America and Spider-man photo covers back in the early '80s ? or somewhere around there and I always liked them. They look fun and comics don't always have to be so serious. Fun is a good thing imo. :D

I just picked up a Marvel Team Up with a totally awesome Spidey/Cap photo cover,I'll have to check what issue..but it is so bad it is boss!

Okay,issue 128,I'm on a handheld or I'd post it.it is funky cole madina cool.

Get one now...

Could someone please post it? :shy:

13b-mtu128.jpg

Thank you sir!

Is that not fantastic!?Dont you all want/need one now lol