• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to track down a Batman #1. Any advice?

26 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who posted and PMed. My price range is around 30K. Sorry I could not get back to everyone more timely, it has been a busy few days!
get the best looking 1.0-1.5 unrestored, non brittle copy you can find. Don't settle for a brittle copy. 2c

....... and then this......

Currently looking to buy a copy of Batman #1 but I feel like I don't know where to look beyond ebay, comicconnect, comiclink, and heritage. There's a copy in my price range on comicconnect, the 1.5 with brittle pages, but I am probably going to stay away from it because of the page quality. Heritage has a restored copy going up for bid in their next signature auction but all 3 edges being trimmed is turning me off from that one lol. How else can I track down a copy beyond these auction sites?

If I were looking for a Bat 1, I'd be on the phone with Steve Fishler, Josh Nathanson, and Rick Whitelock.

......GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree what was said-this board is the best place to network and has some of the best kindness people in any hobby ive encountered-I was looking and saving for my grail book for years, sensation #1 in about 4.0-5.0 and couldn't find one for the longest time in my price range-then I just put word out on these forums and boom met a great collector on these boards who made my comic dreams come true and had a 4.0 and sold it to me-I would put my trust with the people on these boards-they are the best top of the hobby collectors

Thanks to everyone who posted and PMed. My price range is around 30K. Sorry I could not get back to everyone more timely, it has been a busy few days!
get the best looking 1.0-1.5 unrestored, non brittle copy you can find. Don't settle for a brittle copy. 2c

Yeah definitely gonna skip out on that one. I plan on cracking it out of the CGC holder when I get it so the brittle pages definitely worry me.

I agree what was said-this board is the best place to network and has some of the best kindness people in any hobby ive encountered-I was looking and saving for my grail book for years, sensation #1 in about 4.0-5.0 and couldn't find one for the longest time in my price range-then I just put word out on these forums and boom met a great collector on these boards who made my comic dreams come true and had a 4.0 and sold it to me-I would put my trust with the people on these boards-they are the best top of the hobby collectors

Sandy! :hi:

Great story. Congrats!