• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Comicopolis said:

I loved every thing about season 3. Season 1 was good, season 2 got stuck up its own backside, but this season was top quality - and the soundtrack was great.

I even liked the Pink Floyd playing in the closing credits of Sunday's episode.

23 minutes ago, piper said:

I even liked the Pink Floyd playing in the closing credits of Sunday's episode.

Yep - I think they got everything right for this season. It looks wonderful - it's hard sometimes to see in the blend which of the architecture is real or an effect - and the music is great throughout.

And then there's Evan Rachel Wood:cloud9:

52 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

Yep - I think they got everything right for this season. It looks wonderful - it's hard sometimes to see in the blend which of the architecture is real or an effect - and the music is great throughout.

And then there's Evan Rachel Wood:cloud9:

Sad to see her go...

23 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Indeed. I hope that's not true. She is the most interesting character on the show for me.

In of the recent interviews, the show runners said only Delores Prime is dead. So it leaves the door open of ERW to be back. They said they don't want her to be gone. But who knows. She was dynamite this season.  

3 hours ago, Rodey said:

In of the recent interviews, the show runners said only Delores Prime is dead. So it leaves the door open of ERW to be back. They said they don't want her to be gone. But who knows. She was dynamite this season.  

Indeed - there's more than one version of her still out there. I think it would be a mistake not to bring ERW back.

I don't want to read through this thread since I just started watching this series.  I am only half way through Season 1.  My daughter called and told me I should watch it and I have to say, it is great.  I saw the original Westworld and Futureworld movies back in the 70s which at the time I thought was very good.  I did not watch Beyond Westworld but may go back watch the few episodes from that series.

But the HBO Series is really amazing.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:12 PM, telerites said:

I don't want to read through this thread since I just started watching this series.  I am only half way through Season 1.  My daughter called and told me I should watch it and I have to say, it is great.  I saw the original Westworld and Futureworld movies back in the 70s which at the time I thought was very good.  I did not watch Beyond Westworld but may go back watch the few episodes from that series.

But the HBO Series is really amazing.

Just temper your expectations for season 2. 

On 5/15/2020 at 6:58 PM, piper said:

I'm glad Season 3 was excellent (in my opinion).

Yes. It was great in its own right but also made up for season 2.

I was about to give up on the show until I saw the last episode of season 2.

Wow, Season 3.

I really feel like it was a mixed bag.  Seasons 1 and 2 took half to season to really kick into gear.  This year, it was the reverse, 1st 4 episodes were great, cool reveals and plot moving forward.  Then 5-8 it just stalled out.  It also felt like half the story was told this season and was really going to lean on season 4 to tell half the plot threads they threw out there.

IMO, I would have preferred a "full" run of episodes, some of the fluff removed and a complete story this year.  Esp since we're not going to see anything new until at least 2022.

But, I do consider this a big step up from season 2, Season 1 pulled me in and they have not come close to meeting that season's quality (IMO)

Watched season 4 first 3 episodes so far. Still interesting with a better role for Tessa Thompson than her as King of Valkyries in Thor: Love and Blunder. Once more into the convoluted abyss of 'dark delights' with piano music and Billie Eilish tune.

They really lost me after Season 1, which I thought was one of the better seasons of television in the last many years. 

I think I need that recap if I'm going to try Season 4!  (Season 2 was the last one I saw...)

Dan

This series is next on our list to watch. Season 1 was AMAZING. Season 2 was WTF?! hot garbage. I think I'm the only person who really enjoyed season 3.