• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,647 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2024 at 6:08 PM, Silver Surfer said:

So many great story arcs. Issues #111-113, then the Savage Land, Hellfire Club, The Wendigo, Days of Futures Past and then it lost steam until JRJr took it over. 

Don't forget the first appearance of Alpha Flight!

And while I wasn't a huge fan of the Proteus storyline, friends (along with the Artist Edition) have been able to convince me that those issues are the actual artistic peak of the run.

Between Dave being on the west coast and a night owl, I didn't get to watch the live stream, but I really enjoyed the replay of the show.  It's interesting how regardless of what end of the hobby you're in at, the emotions are the same.

And I don't know much at all about prop collecting, but I ended up checking out "The Stuff Dreams are Made of" after the December edition of Felix's podcast with Dave where they discuss the big wins that resulted in him selling off these pieces.  It's a very fun listen.  I especially enjoyed the episode with Rob Liefeld where they talk both comic art and props.

On 1/20/2024 at 7:21 AM, ShallowDan said:

I ended up checking out "The Stuff Dreams are Made of" after the December edition of Felix's podcast with Dave where they discuss the big wins that resulted in him selling off these pieces.  It's a very fun listen

All the episodes pre and post the X-wing auction are awesome, the funniest is the season’s final episode, where Dave and Ryan have their wives on to talk about the x-wing auction… heehee

Edited by gumbydarnit

The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back with a rare new episode! Featuring special guest, The Prince Of All-Media, DAVID CHOE!

Yes, David is famously a big comics fan. But even more relevant to us, he's a big comic ART fan. And a big comic art collector.

Check out a Choe chat like you've never heard before in our latest episode!:

https://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=65

And then check out our companion ORIGINAL ART SHOW AND TELL video with Dave on our YouTube channel where he shares some favorite pieces from his collection:

As you'll see, the man has great taste! Thanks to Dave for one of the most fun shows we've ever done. And thanks to you all for checking it out...enjoy!

Felix

GGPhvYYakAAL1V4?format=jpg&name=medium

On 2/13/2024 at 4:07 PM, Nexus said:

The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back with a rare new episode! Featuring special guest, The Prince Of All-Media, DAVID CHOE!

Yes, David is famously a big comics fan. But even more relevant to us, he's a big comic ART fan. And a big comic art collector.

Check out a Choe chat like you've never heard before in our latest episode!:

https://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=65

And then check out our companion ORIGINAL ART SHOW AND TELL video with Dave on our YouTube channel where he shares some favorite pieces from his collection:

As you'll see, the man has great taste! Thanks to Dave for one of the most fun shows we've ever done. And thanks to you all for checking it out...enjoy!

Felix

GGPhvYYakAAL1V4?format=jpg&name=medium

Such a great conversation.
An aside, David was SO good in Beef.