• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,647 posts in this topic

I refrained from buying any SS:B art, even though it's amazing, Silver Surfer is just not my guy, and I only buy the characters I read (stops me from literally buying everything I see). 

However, when I first saw the cover to #5 I was like I'M IN! But Tradd initially held onto it, and now it sells for £40K direct!

I sure know how to pick em! And I never really stood a chance! Congrats to you both Tradd & Felix!

Edited by Shin-Kaiser
spelling

On 2/15/2021 at 2:52 PM, stinkininkin said:

I love seeing comic book artists reaping the rewards of their talent and hard work without having to wait decades to achieve "LEGEND" status. I know it sucks for collectors who love the work and get priced out, but I definitely have a biased perspective here, and I say good for Tradd (and you too Felix!).

Absolutely. Seconded!!!

The first episode of 2021 is here! Finally! Featuring filmmaker S. Craig Zahler, writer/director of BONE TOMAHAWK, BRAWL IN CELLBLOCK 99, and DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE. And now writer/artist of the graphic novel THE FORBIDDEN SURGERIES OF THE HIDEOUS DR. DIVINUS. And, as it happens, a dedicated original comic art collector! We cover it all:

The Felix Comic Art Podcast (Episode 42): S. Craig Zahler

Thanks to Zahler for the chat!

Also, thanks to all the podcast fans and listeners for your patience with our very sporadic release schedule these days. I've got several episodes in the can (including more for our exclusive SECRET STORIES OF COMIC ARTseries) that I'll be sprinkling throughout the year. So there's more content coming, I promise! For now, enjoy this episode, and talk soon!

Felix

On 3/17/2021 at 6:48 AM, Matches_Malone said:

I’m not sure if this was posted somewhere before, but it’s an awesome show and tell of Felix Collection.  Chip Zdarsky is also uncomfortably hilarious.  

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

7 hours ago, Nexus said:

The first episode of 2021 is here! Finally! Featuring filmmaker S. Craig Zahler, writer/director of BONE TOMAHAWK, BRAWL IN CELLBLOCK 99, and DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE. And now writer/artist of the graphic novel THE FORBIDDEN SURGERIES OF THE HIDEOUS DR. DIVINUS. And, as it happens, a dedicated original comic art collector! We cover it all:

The Felix Comic Art Podcast (Episode 42): S. Craig Zahler

Thanks to Zahler for the chat!

Also, thanks to all the podcast fans and listeners for your patience with our very sporadic release schedule these days. I've got several episodes in the can (including more for our exclusive SECRET STORIES OF COMIC ARTseries) that I'll be sprinkling throughout the year. So there's more content coming, I promise! For now, enjoy this episode, and talk soon!

Felix

Cant wait to listen to this! Im a Big fan of A Congregation of Jackals

Did a panel this past weekend for Comic Art LIVE with James Harren:

James is a bit of a recluse, so this is a real treat for fans of his work. And there are more of them now than ever, thanks to ULTRAMEGA. Kudos to Bill for putting on another successful show!

The Felix Comic Art Podcast returns for June 2021 with a special guest: Pixar animator and art collector, Andy Beall.

Andy is a veteran animator who got his start on the beloved classic, THE IRON GIANT. He was then recruited by the Charles Schulz estate to direct the PEANUTS special, HAPPINESS IS A WARM BLANKET, CHARLIE BROWN, as well as write and draw the original comic THE BEAGLE HAS LANDED, CHARLIE BROWN! But the bulk of his career has been at Pixar, where he was worked on countless favorites, starting with THE INCREDIBLES.

Besides being a guest on the show, though, Andy has done something special for fans and collectors: He has created a series of drawings featuring all of the iconic characters he’s been associated with. Including an absolutely gorgeous cover-quality piece for THE IRON GIANT. All of these will be available soon. But even more impressively, Andy has donated all of this art to benefit our charity, the Lu Family Fund. 100% of all proceeds from this sale will support cancer patients and their families via our fund. My gratitude to Andy for his incredible generosity. Please sign up for the newsletter on our site at www.felixcomicart.com to get all the details. Again, we will be making the drop announcement soon.

Oh, and here’s a spoiler: Andy is one of the most prolific commenters on Comic Art Fans. If you don’t recognize his name, it’s because he posts under the pseudonym, “Kent Mansley”. If you have a CAF gallery, then you probably have a comment from Kent Mansley on one of your pieces. Whether he goes by Andy or Kent, I’m proud to call him a friend. Thank you, Andy!

BONUS: For those of you who missed my talk with TRADD MOORE at Comic Art LIVE! a few months ago, we've added it at the end so you can enjoy this VERY rare appearance by Tradd! And as an added bonus, we close out this episode with a chat I had with CAF's Bill Cox! Our longest episode to date, enjoy!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=48

27 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

@Nexus Had a great time recording this one with you, Lambert and Andy!  Already getting some nice positive feedback from people - I think people appreciate hearing what others are thinking/hearing in this unprecedented and often bewildering environment we find ourselves in!

BTW, as some have remarked to me, I haven't been posting as much on the CGC Boards as I used to.  I am, however, posting (almost) daily on Instagram (@collections_gp).  It's more weighted towards sports cards & memorabilia, but, probably 15-20% of it is comic books, comic art, Dungeons & Dragons, 1st edition books, non-sports cards and other pop culture items - give it a look if it sounds like it may be of interest! 

Following!  I'm @sequentialpages.

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

@Nexus Had a great time recording this one with you, Lambert and Andy!  Already getting some nice positive feedback from people - I think people appreciate hearing what others are thinking/hearing in this unprecedented and often bewildering environment we find ourselves in!

BTW, as some have remarked to me, I haven't been posting as much on the CGC Boards as I used to.  I am, however, posting (almost) daily on Instagram (@collections_gp).  It's more weighted towards sports cards & memorabilia, but, probably 15-20% of it is comic books, comic art, Dungeons & Dragons, 1st edition books, non-sports cards and other pop culture items - give it a look if it sounds like it may be of interest! 

@delekkerste I’ve been following your collection chronicles on Instagram. I’m @rudra_untold

I say this as someone who has zero interest in sports cards; I find your posts quite entertaining and educational. As was your brief analysis at the beginning of the podcast of the broader economic factors affecting the collectibles market. Many thanks.