New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,392 posts in this topic

703 posts
43 minutes ago, Nexus said:

The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back to our monthly schedule for May 2019!

And it's a big month for our hobby as Frank Frazetta's "Egyptian Queen" is up for auction at Heritage, and is expected to set new records for comic/fantasy art. So the time is right to welcome Frank Frazetta's former art rep, Dr. Stephen Ferzoco, to the show!

Steve and I talk about "Egyptian Queen" (including Steve's prediction for the hammer price), Frazetta's market, and his legacy. And more. A lot more. Frazetta fans, especially, enjoy!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=39

It was a great podcast, Felix. I could’ve listened to another hour. I hope all is well with your family now. 

73 posts
Posted (edited)

Gotta love podcast drop day! Listened to it twice already, another great one. From these podcasts, it seems that there are a lot of good guys in the hobby, thanks to Felix for introducing us to them.

On that note, this weekend I went down to Fan Expo in Dallas to see my art hero John Byrne. While there I had to the opportunity to chat for quite a while with Albert Moy and to a lesser extent Scott Williams (because of his long lines), both were supper nice and they shared a few fun stories. Add them to Gene Park and Dan Pottick (brief conversations at Comic Art Con NJ 2 years back, brief because of there was SO much art to see) and I have to say all were a treat to talk with and wouldn't have met any of them if it wasn't for Felix... thanks!

Edited by gumbydarnit

7,224 posts

Great episode! Hope your family is well.

Now to post on the sale/trade section that I’m looking for a Dark Knight page lol 

4,126 posts
1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

Now to post on the sale/trade section that I’m looking for a Dark Knight page lol 

No need. Just be ready with $80k to spend in the next twelve months...one or more will pop up somewhere.

They always do. Now.

9,149 posts

I did not know the cover to ASM #30 was out there & actually sold on ebay!  Does anyone know what it went for?  Stupid low I'm sure!

2,035 posts
4 minutes ago, Timely said:

I did not know the cover to ASM #30 was out there & actually sold on ebay!  Does anyone know what it went for?  Stupid low I'm sure!

Sold for 50K.

An outrageous sum back in the day.

120 posts
2 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Great episode! Hope your family is well.

be realistic. post ISO a Death Dealer  :wishluck: lol

24,847 posts

Fun listen.    Looking forward to hearing about Hulk 181 one day.  

362 posts

Good, interesting stuff.  Thanks and hope all is well.

5,427 posts
21 hours ago, gumbydarnit said:

Gotta love podcast drop day! Listened to it twice already, another great one. From these podcasts, it seems that there are a lot of good guys in the hobby, thanks to Felix for introducing us to them.

On that note, this weekend I went down to Fan Expo in Dallas to see my art hero John Byrne. While there I had to the opportunity to chat for quite a while with Albert Moy and to a lesser extent Scott Williams (because of his long lines), both were supper nice and they shared a few fun stories. Add them to Gene Park and Dan Pottick (brief conversations at Comic Art Con NJ 2 years back, brief because of there was SO much art to see) and I have to say all were a treat to talk with and wouldn't have met any of them if it wasn't for Felix... thanks!

This makes me happy to read. There are a lot of excellent people in this hobby, hope you get to meet even more of them!

Thanks everyone.

639 posts

Great episode, Felix.  I always enjoy hearing stories from  the old timers in this hobby.

The discovery of Hulk 181 is exciting.  Can't wait to get more details for that.

2,035 posts

"Old timers!?!"

Harrumphie!

23,389 posts
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2019 at 5:51 PM, Bronty said:

Fun listen.    Looking forward to hearing about Hulk 181 one day.  

All you have to know is that it turned up and sold for more than any piece of Magic:The Gathering or videogame art ever will. 

:jokealert: :baiting:lol 

Edited by delekkerste

232 posts

I have a maybe delicate question about the recent podcast.  In the interview the two people were referring to their age range (as in people at their age) but there was no context to what their ages actually were.  It was assumed that the listener would know how old they might be.  If the doctor had the DKR art and sold it to pay for medical school, then should we assume they were now both in their mid 50s?

23,389 posts
4 hours ago, Peter L said:

I have a maybe delicate question about the recent podcast.  In the interview the two people were referring to their age range (as in people at their age) but there was no context to what their ages actually were.  It was assumed that the listener would know how old they might be.  If the doctor had the DKR art and sold it to pay for medical school, then should we assume they were now both in their mid 50s?

Late 40s/early 50s

232 posts
1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Late 40s/early 50s

Wow then they are pretty accomplished to have collected so much art at such a young age, and for the doctor to have been Frank Frazetta's business agent.  

Why was the Hulk 181 sold privately and not at Heritage?  I would think Heritage might have brought out more bidders.

24,847 posts
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, delekkerste said:

All you have to know is that it turned up and sold for more than any piece of Magic:The Gathering or videogame art ever will. 

:jokealert: :baiting:lol 

Wow a little salty are we?  🤣 I love that six and seven figure game art sales pizz you off this degree 😝   And never say never.  After all the three certainties in a day are that the sun will rise, the sun will set, and Gene will make an incorrect prediction about collectibles :baiting: love ya :p;) :kidaround:

Edited by Bronty

23,389 posts
34 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Wow a little salty are we?  🤣 I love that six and seven figure game art sales pizz you off this degree 😝   And never say never.  After all the three certainties in a day are that the sun will rise, the sun will set, and Gene will make an incorrect prediction about collectibles :baiting: love ya :p;) :kidaround:

No salt, just taking the pizz (and succeeding at it, I see!) lol :baiting: 

I don't even know if the Hulk #181 has sold or not, let alone at what price. (shrug) 

24,847 posts
1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

No salt, just taking the pizz (and succeeding at it, I see!) lol :baiting: 

I don't even know if the Hulk #181 has sold or not, let alone at what price. (shrug) 

I know you well enough to know you're little annoyed about it ;) 

I was wondering about the price/ whether sold.   You made it sound like it was a done deal, but I guess not!