STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion
2 2

1,012 posts in this topic

9,602 posts
Saw TFA on Monday, the movie didn't quite live up to all the hype,

You can definitely say that again as it was a total and absolute disappointment from my point of view. Maybe my expectations were too high from all of the hype. hm

Saw it as part of a group of 6 people on Tuesday night, with 3 of them dozing off halfway through the movie. lol

Thought Harrison Ford and the lead girl did a fantastic job though! hm

If people fall asleep during this movie might want to have them get a car service as they are also probably likely to fall asleep driving around town. (tsk)

No, it was alright since I did all of the driving.

Anyways, only 1 of them fell asleep while the other 2 were just dozing off now and then. lol

Actually, I had always planned to watch the first Star Wars only once in the theatre, even though it was simply a fantastic movie and well worth the money.

I just never knew that I would have to pay to see the whole thing again, only 38+ years later. :P

4,800 posts
I didn't even read this article, just the headline, but I realized this could open the door wide for all the characters that might be snoke... could be a spoiler for future star wars movies (but I highly doubt it, but it's possible, so read at your own risk):

It won't happen. Only Marvel would benefit for a crossover, but at the expense of Star Wars. That would pretty much guarantee Star Wars' demise and I doubt Disney paid $4 billion for the franchise to just kill it.

Edited by rjrjr

7,531 posts

I don't know if this has been shared but it is absolutely amazing!!!

28,763 posts

Not sure if it was mentioned but after hearing Ewan Mcgregor on Jimmy Kimmel I'm starting to think that Rey is Obi Wans granddaughter

7,531 posts
Not sure if it was mentioned but after hearing Ewan Mcgregor on Jimmy Kimmel I'm starting to think that Rey is Obi Wans granddaughter

I could possibly understand if Luke decides to break Jedi protocol and fall in love (he's the last one...who's going to stop him?) but I'm not sure that Obi-Wan would find some Mos Eisley cantina babe to father his child...although he did seem pretty familiar with the inhabitants of the Mos Eisley cantina... hm

28,763 posts

Remember he goes into hiding. As far as Jedi it's just him and Yoda so why shouldn't he try and have a normal life.

Think about it

Now it's Luke's turn to train the descendant of Obi Wan.

Also when she grabs the light saber, Obi wan says "Rey these are your first steps"

It also opens up the plot for a movie on Obi wan that takes place between episode 3-4

46,946 posts

I got it-Snopes is Yoda's son

Yup

11,837 posts
Remember he goes into hiding. As far as Jedi it's just him and Yoda so why shouldn't he try and have a normal life.

Think about it

Also when she grabs the light saber, Obi wan says "Rey these are your first steps"

It also opens up the plot for a movie on Obi wan that takes place between episode 3-4

I like this.

Ewen McG has always professed his love for the franchise and the character. I wouldn't be surprised at his interest/willingness to reprise his role and get a chance to do a GOOD Star Wars movie (even if that just means doing a stand alone movie about what happened during his time in hiding on Tatooine.

1,609 posts

Think about it

I like this.

Ewen McG has always professed his love for the franchise and the character. I wouldn't be surprised at his interest/willingness to reprise his role and get a chance to do a GOOD Star Wars movie (even if that just means doing a stand alone movie about what happened during his time in hiding on Tatooine.

It could work. Obi Wan secretly guarding young Luke as imperials/spies/bounty hunters come to Tatooine

2,628 posts

Think about it

Can't wait for Ewan McGregor to show up as a force ghost and explain his one night stand to Rey.

Side note: in the current Marvel Star Wars comics (which are canon) Obi Wan is seen as alone and still a hermit and Luke is already around age 10.

1,228 posts

Also in the in-canon Clone Wars cartoon, Kenobi did have someone he loved (Satine, but is now dead) and would have left the order for her. Obviously there is no child in this union and you can take his words to either solidify he'd no break his vows (because that was his true love) or that maybe he is susceptible to it in the future.