• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The one who got away posted by DoJoJoeJoe1

11 posts in this topic

Well hello again im still rageing from last nights failure too secure my first cgc comic so i was up late last night

Lookin around when i found a website where people bid on cgc graded comics so i buzzed around lookin till i found the one a 9.4 cgc Human Torch the wrath of the Wizard issue # 5 1975 bidding started at 5.00 $ then 6 minutes in it tripled to 20.00$ before i could react it was boom 50.00$ then boom 100.00$ so with my heart beatin furious i pressed bid but it was to late it said sold i feel soo sad

See more journals by DoJoJoeJoe1

I've quit the technique of waiting until the last few seconds to get into a bidding scrum. I now just figure out my maximum price and set it about an hour before bidding closes and let things play out as they will.

That's exactly what I do. If you're willing to pay more than me, have at it. I bet my max from the get go.

i found the one a 9.4 cgc Human Torch the wrath of the Wizard issue # 5 1975 bidding started at 5.00 $ then 6 minutes in it tripled to 20.00$ before i could react it was boom 50.00$ then boom 100.00$

Where is that book selling for $100?

Bid snipers are such a pain in the , but you can't stress out over them. It's been said already, but best practice is to put in your max right away and see what happens. Watching the final countdown (shout out to Europe) could see you end up paying more than you even fathomed if you get sucked into a last minute bidding war.

You throw the max you are willing to pay at it with three seconds left in the auction.

If you don't win it's because it went for more then the max you were willing to pay, and that's fine.

If you bid your max any sooner than three seconds before the auction end, you risk getting sucked into a bidding war, and overpaying by being caught up in the moment.

Sniping is where it's at IMO