• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2017 at 4:57 AM, bane said:

This is what Star Wars fans want, no new ideas or material just interpretation (remakes) of the original 3 movies! :wink:

At least a rehash of ESB is better than the alternative: :roflmao:

Image result for jar jar binks the last jedi

Looks like Disney is shooting high on the domestic revenue share with theaters showing this film. But for small theaters, some of the rules sound to be the challenge.

Disney's Demands For STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Are Too Much For This Small Town Theater

At least one theater in a small town in Iowa won't give in to the power of the Dark Side. As previously reported, Disney has some pretty strict conditions that theaters must agree to if they wish to show Star Wars: The Last Jedi. In negotiating with cinema chains, Disney is reportedly seeking 65% of the film's box office earnings — up from the 64% for The Force Awakens and Rogue One — and mandating that The Last Jedi be shown in the theater's largest auditorium for the first four week's of its run. For larger theaters in more populated cities, that's not a problem. But for Iowa's Elkader Cinema, it's a big enough reason to skip out on showing what will likely be the most popular film of the year.

"The biggest reason that I'm not going to show it is the four-week minimum play time," Elkader Cinema owner Lee Akin told the Des Moines Register. "My little town cannot afford to play any movie for that long of a time."

Elkader Cinema has only one screen, which is usually enough to meet the demands of the small town, which has a population around 1,200. The theater only has one show a night on weekdays and in the afternoon on weekends.

"I can't get the entire town in my auditorium in one week's time let alone four," Akin said.

Should a theater accept Disney's conditions and then violate the terms of the agreement, they would be penalized by having to fork over a whopping 70% of their ticket earnings to Disney.

Sorry, but they need to keep Ren's lid on at all times. He looks too wimpy with the helmet off to be menacing. In the magazine cover above he looks like one of the twilight vampire wannabees you see at every con moreso than a Star Wars villain.........

Edited by kimik

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, kimik said:

Sorry, but they need to keep Ren's lid on at all times. He looks too wimpy with the helmet off to be menacing. In the magazine cover above he looks like one of the twilight vampire wannabees you see at every con moreso than a Star Wars villain.........

"Darth Emo"

Instead of Force Choke, he throws Temper Tantrums.

On 11/16/2017 at 5:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

Looks like Disney is shooting high on the domestic revenue share with theaters showing this film. But for small theaters, some of the rules sound to be the challenge.

Disney's Demands For STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Are Too Much For This Small Town Theater

It’s amazing to me that “moustache-gate” gets people more riled up than Disney’s strong arm tactics for their movies 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s amazing to me that “moustache-gate” gets people more riled up than Disney’s strong arm tactics for their movies 

A friend at work turns out years ago owned two theaters in town. When I mentioned this article to him, he told me how 'The Mouse' was always the most difficult to deal with. So not to let all the cute animated characters fool me into believing THAT is Disney.

Even with reel replacements for new movies. If a multi-reel film had one wear down, other studios mailed you a FREE replacement. Not Disney. Everything involved a charge. No matter what caused the failure in reel play.

I picked up the Lego Millenium Falcon that released a few months ago.  Seriously, one of the most fun model kits I've ever worked on.

Still not done (been putting together portions as timer permits) but it's as relaxing as reading a good book.

Be sure to add it to your Christmas wish list...if Santa can find one for a decent/reasonable price:sick:.