• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

72% on imdb.com with over 400,000 votes, just a little under Rogue One (7.8)

Lower than Revenge of the Sith, which has been holding at 7.6 for over 13 years.

Not meant to be argumentative by any means, but TLJ is the lowest rated Saga film except for TPM and ATTACK OF THE CLONES, both of which are at 6.6.

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

Lower than Revenge of the Sith, which has been holding at 7.6 for over 13 years.

Not meant to be argumentative by any means, but TLJ is the lowest rated Saga film except for TPM and ATTACK OF THE CLONES, both of which are at 6.6.

No, it's not.

It's at 7.2 on IMDB vs. Solo's 7.1.

And 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, vs. 70% for Solo.

3 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

No, it's not.

You are mixing apples and oranges to suit your needs. IMBD audience reviews vs RT critical reviews.

7 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

72% on imdb.com with over 400,000 votes, just a little under Rogue One (7.8)

Fair enough. I was referring to the RT score. I guess a lot of the 200k votes at 45% were hackers, ya? 

1i6ppb.jpg

5 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Right. Meaning it's NOT the lowest rated film, it ranks above two other movies, that people have accepted as time has gone on. TPM and AOTC's weren't very good, and their scores reflect it. No one made up stories about secret meetings to readjust the universe.

7.2 is good. Ant-Man is a 7.3. The first Spider-man movie has a 7.3.

32 minutes ago, I like pie said:

You are mixing apples and oranges to suit your needs. IMBD audience reviews vs RT critical reviews.

Fair enough. I was referring to the RT score. I guess a lot of the 200k votes at 45% were hackers, ya? 

1i6ppb.jpg

That's what the hackers say.

And by the way, did you hear that Katleen Kennedy got a 3 year renewal?

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

Pretty sure I specifically said I personally didn't think anyone would lose their job. I'm ok with it:bigsmile:

Doesn't make this movie suck any less.

And that's your opinion, you are entitled to it. The same as the people who don't think it sucks, specifically 72% of voters on imdb.com.

3 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Agreed but maybe you can concede, coupled with the RT %, the overall true audience reaction in somewhere inbetween.

I think there's ample evidence to suggest those votes have been tampered with, so The RT score is invalid. The imdb score hasn't been, so, no, I see it as more of a true score. Mixed with the overwhelmingly positive critical response, and immediate after polling, my position on the movie is the same: Another average Star Wars movie. It's ranked in adjusted box office and imdb score right about where it should be.

Bottom line was the Katleen Kennedy Star Wars movies were much better than the George Lucas trio of Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.

Let's face the last three George Lucas movies were snorefests. 

I guarantee if these rumors are true

Spoiler

Luke and Vader coming back for

Star Wars Episode 9.That it will rake at the box office and score high on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

14 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Bottom line was the Katleen Kennedy Star Wars movies were much better than the George Lucas trio of Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.

Let's face the last three George Lucas movies were snorefests. 

I guarantee with

Reveal hidden contents

Luke and Vader coming back for

Star Wars Episode 9.That it will rake at the box office and score high on Rotten Tomatoes.

CC, where did you read those spoilers? The first is well known, but where did you hear about the second? That's really exciting if true.

21 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

No, it's not.

When I said "Saga", I meant the OT, the prequels and the sequel trilogy. Not spinoffs like Solo and Rogue One.

8 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

CC, where did you read those spoilers? The first is well known, but where did you hear about the second? That's really exciting if true.

Right here my friend. I hope these rumors are true. :wishluck:

or 

The Last Jedi sucked, and I don't think Kathleen Kennedy is to blame, only Rian Johnson.

So I don't think this really matters much.

Unless you think KK is responsible for filming 30 mins of literally useless subplot, giving Chewbacca literally nothing to do all film, expanding on nothing built in the prior episode, creating dialogue that reduces Fin's and Po's characters to nothing (why bother following these characters if they're not important?), turning every legacy character into on-screen turds while simultaneously providing us no additional development on new characters, no lightsaber duel, filming scenes with plot holes and then not bothering to edit the scenes "because fans won't notice" i.e. chamber fight sequence where a guard has 2 blades, etc etc etc...

Edited by TwoPiece

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

The Last Jedi sucked, and I don't think Kathleen Kennedy is to blame, only Rian Johnson.

So I don't think this really matters much.

Unless you think KK is responsible for filming 30 mins of literally useless subplot, giving Chewbacca literally nothing to do all film, expanding on nothing built in the prior episode, creating dialogue that reduces Fin's and Po's characters to nothing (why bother following these characters if they're not important?), turning every legacy character into on-screen turds while simultaneously providing us no additional development on new characters, no lightsaber duel, filming scenes with plot holes and then not bothering to edit the scenes "because fans won't notice" i.e. chamber fight sequence where a guard has 2 blades, etc etc etc...

I actually do.

Kennedy is the showrunner here -- every one of Rian Johnson's choices -- from the early -script through to post-production -- had to be approved by her as well as the Lucasfilm Story Group (including Pablo Hidalgo and others).

As you know, she's not shy about firing directors if their vision differs from that of hers and the Story Group (witness the firings of Lord and Miller, Colin Treverrow, Gareth Edwards (in post), and Josh Trank.

You know who wasn't fired? Rian Johnson.

Because he had her full faith and credit.

And -- with $620 million domestic (a % drop in line with the drops of Empire and Attack of the Clones over the first chapters) and a 91% critical rating from Rotten Tomatoes, I'd say she chose Rian Johnson wisely.