• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Magicians

130 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, drotto said:

Are you kinda sad you caught up? Can't bing watch more right now.?

Seriously a great show that does not get enough attention.

I couldn't believe how quickly the episodes flew by.  I was all caught up after a week and now I have to wait for each episodes with baited breath.

Just now, 1Cool said:

I couldn't believe how quickly the episodes flew by.  I was all caught up after a week and now I have to wait for each episodes with baited breath.

And there is the tough spot now. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting...

lol

Well deserved! :applause:

'The Magicians' Renewed for Season 4

the-magicians-renewed-season-4-1087208-6

SyFy has renewed The Magicians for a fourth, 13-episode season set to debut in 2019.

The series has consistently been one of Syfy's top-performing scripted original series among the adults 18-49 demographic for the past three years according to Deadline.

Based on Lev Grossman's best-selling books, The Magicians follows Quentin Coldwater (Jason Ralph) and his group of slightly misfit friends from the magical academy, Brakebills University, hidden in upstate New York. In the first season they discover that the fantasy world of a popular children's book series, Fillory, is real while in the second season, they become Fillory's kings and queens and quickly discover that ruling a fantasy kingdom isn't quite the fantasy the children's books made it seem. At the end of the second season, magic was literally shut off. Now, in Season 3, the group finds themselves on an epic quest to find the seven keys needed to restore magic to the world -- and themselves.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:57 PM, Antpark said:

Loved last night's episode.

They were all pretty convincing, but I'm sure there was some lip synching going on there.

There was a interview where the producer said that was all the actors voices.  He gave them the option to get dubbed over, but nobody took it.

14 minutes ago, drotto said:

There was a interview where the producer said that was all the actors voices.  He gave them the option to get dubbed over, but nobody took it.

I believe it. With some of the song and dance routines they have offered up on this show, you can tell some of them came from stage productions.

Not Kady. That was for sure.

lol

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I believe it. With some of the song and dance routines they have offered up on this show, you can tell some of them came from stage productions.

Not Kady. That was for sure.

lol

The actress for Kady also said she has done burlesque in the past, so it played into her strengths.

Just now, drotto said:

The actress for Kady also said she has done burlesque in the past, so it played into her strengths.

This last episode definitely demonstrated that.

Overall, a really fun episode and great season.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

This last episode definitely demonstrated that.

Overall, a really fun episode and great season.

This is without question the best show way more people should be watching. Think if this was over on AMC or another cable station other than SyFy it would be a rating monster.  Unfortunately, I think its parent station hurts this show somewhat.  Plus, it is more a fantasy show as opposed to scifi so not even sure how it fits on that channel. 7

"Sit back . . . you'll feel a slight pinch ..."

Quite the contrast from last week's episode but still very good. I can't believe there's only a few more left, then another year wait :eek:

1 hour ago, Antpark said:

"Sit back . . . you'll feel a slight pinch ..."

Quite the contrast from last week's episode but still very good. I can't believe there's only a few more left, then another year wait :eek:

:pullhair:

4 hours ago, Antpark said:

A pretty fun episode last night, especially the election bit.

Only 1 episode left . . .

I agree! That was one heck of a cool episode. Long live King Margo!

I so need to get all these episodes on digital.

What a WILD season ending!

'Will You Play With Me' was well worth the time to watch. But it also left you with a solid cliff-hanger too.

Spoiler

A being created by the gods that is so powerful it destroyed them, and can travel from person to person to entertain itself.