• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local Hero Howard Hallis in Issue 6 of FCC magazine!

10 posts in this topic

It has taken awhile but issue 6 is here finally. Howard Hallis has a pretty amazing collection so we knew we would feature him at some point in the mag.

Also, Tims Mexican Wrightson swampy run is the only one that I know of complete. And that's knowing a bunch of Mexican collectors.... enjoy!

FCC_issue6_final_cover.jpg

Download issue 6 from our archive page here...

http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/archive

Guys - just a nit, but an important one. The magazine is GREAT - I must say it looks really nice, but there are wayyyyyyy too many typos for something this professional.

Guys - just a nit, but an important one. The magazine is GREAT - I must say it looks really nice, but there are wayyyyyyy too many typos for something this professional.

Thanks, you've hit-on a very valid point .. we'll definitely sort out any kinks for the next issue (thumbs u

hm Yea, this issue for as long as it has been in the works was rushed towards the end when more polishing was needed. We hope to work out more of these kinks for 2016. Thanks for the feedback and fingers crossed issue 7 wont be as typo ridden! (thumbs u

Just started reading your back issues. Great work! They are educational and fun to read. This magazine, the other thread, and the Foreign Comics Board encouraged me to go ahead and pull the trigger on a book I'd been eyeing. I'll post it up in the other thread when it arrives.

We know... doh! We will try to do better next time.....

Just started reading your back issues. Great work! They are educational and fun to read. This magazine, the other thread, and the Foreign Comics Board encouraged me to go ahead and pull the trigger on a book I'd been eyeing. I'll post it up in the other thread when it arrives.

:applause: Sweet, please do! I think there is real value both monetarily and culturally in foreign editions. Im glad our small presence helped you feel confident enough to pull the trigger. Im warning you though, this niche is like an addiction. This very Christmas is the first Christmas I did not buy a single American comic for my collection. It felt weird i gotta tell ya….. My comic buying budget was totally absorbed by foreign editions… take that as a warning I guess. lol

Also, no one has really mentioned it here on the boards from what I have seen, but the recent Overstreet dealer reports had some mentions about foreigns in them. Our FCC magazine was even mentioned in one. This was a personal glory for me as a long time hobbyist. It meant something..... that this thing I was involved with made a market report. Too cool…. :cool: