• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

That's actually not a bad idea. Especially since while I really REALLY loved S2 of DD, S1 of JJ and S1 of LC, I thought each of them had a few episodes worth of lull in the middle that could have been cut out had the seasons been maybe 2-3 episodes shorter.

However, I am pretty certain that they're further along in Defenders than they are in Punisher. And Defenders is supposed to only be 6-8 episodes, I believe.

Punisher started shooting October 3rd, Defenders starts shooting Oct. 31

When did/does Iron Fist start shooting?

That's actually not a bad idea. Especially since while I really REALLY loved S2 of DD, S1 of JJ and S1 of LC, I thought each of them had a few episodes worth of lull in the middle that could have been cut out had the seasons been maybe 2-3 episodes shorter.

However, I am pretty certain that they're further along in Defenders than they are in Punisher. And Defenders is supposed to only be 6-8 episodes, I believe.

Based on the on-set photos that have come out, it's already begun. I'll look around and see if I can find a production start date.

It just finished

Marvel & Netflix’s The Punisher Casts Two Pivotal Roles

Ebon Moss-Bachrach has been cast as Micro, a former NSA analyst “whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.” Bachrach is best known for his role on HBO’s Girls playing Desi, Marnie’s musical partner, and love interest.

Micro (short for Microchip) is a character from The Punisher comics who was Punisher’s technical support for a long time, providing Punisher with weapons and other gadgets to use in his war on crime. Micro eventually turned into a villain who challenged the Punisher.

The Punisher also cast Amber Rose Revah (Son of God) as Dinah Madani, “highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.”

Punisher: Dirty Laundry Inspired Jon Bernthal's MCU Version

The Punisher Netflix series is currently filming in New York, and we learned that Daredevil's Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll) will be a series regular, and in a later interview during the convention, Bernthal went on to speak about some of the inspirations for his version of Frank Castle.

Aside from the usual comic book sources, Bernthal name-dropped a particular fan-favorite project while onstage for a panel at NYCC (via Screen Rant):

“I watch everything. I read everything. Anything you can get your hands on. I love “Dirty Laundry.” You see that one? Once you devour and eat up and much as you can, my way is to make it as personal as possible. It was a great pleasure to watch all of those.”

Okay. He has my vote!

Netflix Marvel's The Punisher Adds Five New Cast Members

Netflix and Marvel have just announced five additional cast members joining Marvel’s The Punisher.

Daniel Webber (11.22.63 has been cast as Lewis Walcott, “a young veteran who has had a difficult time re-assimilating into Civilian Society.”

Jason R. Moore (A Lonely Place for Dying) plays Curtis Hoyle, a friend of Frank Castle and one of the very few people who know that Castle is still alive. In the Marvel Comics universe, Hoyle is a veteran who met Castle in Vietnam.

Paul Schulze (Nurse Jackie) will play Rawlins, a high-ranking member of the CIA whose operations in Afghanistan lead him to cross paths with Castle. Rawlins is a character from the Punisher MAX comic book series.

Jaime Ray Newman (Bates Motel) plays Sarah Lieberman, the wife of Micro, the Punisher’s tech support/sidekick, played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach). Micro’s involvement with the Punisher greatly complicates his marriage to Sarah.

Michael Nathanson (“The Knick,” “Wolf of Wall Street”) has been cast as Sam Stein, a Homeland agent who is challenged by his partnership with Dinah (Amber Rose Revah).

"We couldn't have asked for a more talented group of actors to round out the cast of Marvel's The Punisher," said Executive Producer and showrunner Steve Lightfoot. "It's a thrill to watch them each bring their characters to life with such layered, nuanced performances.”

Deborah An Woll will reprise her role as Karen Page from Marvel’s Daredevil for Marvel’s The Punisher, alongside star Jon Bernthal as the Punisher himself, Frank Castle. Bernthal debuted in the role in Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2.

First Look At The Cast Of Marvel THE PUNISHER Assembled; Plus New Netflix "Wreck The Halls" Promo

147619.jpg

Daniel Webber - who will play a young veteran named Lewis Walcott on Marvel's The Punisher - shared the following pic to his Instagram page along with the caption: "Welcome to team Punisher."

Though the cast are not in costume, the image does provide our first look at (from left to right) Jason R Moore (Curtis Hoyle), Michael Nathanson (Sam Stein), Webber, Amber Rose Revah (Dinah Madani), Ebon Moss-Bachrach (Micro), Jaime Ray Newman (Sarah Lieberman), Jon Bernthal (Frank Castle), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page) and Ben Barnes (Billy Russo) together.

6Y6xMKY.png

Jon Bernthal Explains Why Playing THE PUNISHER Helped Change His Mind About Superhero Adaptations

Frank_Castle.jpg

Like it or not, some actors simply aren't fans of the superhero genre. Apparently, Jon Bernthal was once among them, but it was getting to play Frank Castle in season two of Daredevil that changed his mind.

"I’m working on The Punisher now. You know, this whole superhero-comic-book thing is something I had zero interest in being a part of. The guys that I really, really respect as actors seem to have kind of purposely stayed away from that. I don’t mean that I’m above that or anything, just that it was not for me. But then when I got to know a little bit about this character… He ain’t got a [frick]ing cape. He ain’t got any superpowers. He’s a [frick]ing tortured, angry father and husband who’s living in this unbelievable world of darkness and loss and torment. Frank Castle resonates with me. And comic-book fans are the greatest fans on earth. It’s not like their insane fervor isn’t based on anything. This is a super-intelligent fan base, because reading a comic book requires you to do a lot of work. You’ve got to fill in all these [frick]ing gaps. I’m respectful of that. These characters exist in their minds and hearts."