• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

As I predicted, I went winless on prehero Marvels despite bidding fairly strongly on several. Any auction that rich usually attracts too many bidders. I'm ok saving my money this month, it feels better that overbidder remorse.

I wanted the JIM 53, but it went far too high for me.

I was the underbidder on the National 16, so struck out.

Selling went better than expected though, so that was nice.

I was the under-sniper on the JIM 53 - thought I had put in a very aggressive bid but it wasn't enough. Congrats to the winner!

Bowed out early on the ST 89 & TTA 10 - they both went for healthy prices as well.

Overall, the PHM market appears pretty solid from these results.

-bc

My two wins

Superman3cgc60.jpg

Nice snag! For such an iconic book, I thought it went low. i think the Newton rings on the new slab make the cover look worse than it is.

Thanks !

I was crossing my fingers on this one as I saw it maintain at that bid

My two wins

Superman3cgc60.jpg

Nice snag! For such an iconic book, I thought it went low. i think the Newton rings on the new slab make the cover look worse than it is.

Thanks !

I was crossing my fingers on this one as I saw it maintain at that bid

Yes very nice snag.

As I predicted, I went winless on prehero Marvels despite bidding fairly strongly on several. Any auction that rich usually attracts too many bidders. I'm ok saving my money this month, it feels better that overbidder remorse.

I wanted the JIM 53, but it went far too high for me.

I was the underbidder on the National 16, so struck out.

Selling went better than expected though, so that was nice.

I kind of stumbled into this one. Always loved the cover.

RADC601E2016415_122414_zpsf03yiyak.jpg

Great snag! I had a bid on that one, and wanted it, but I'm traveling and there was no way that I was going to be awake for closing in this time zone. Glad it went to a boardie.

Amazing cover there, that's for sure.

Sold one book in this auction (the FF #1 in 6.5) and did well...also picked up 3 more, mostly at my max bids. Lost out on 4-5 others. Overall, a good day!

Dan

Amazing cover there, that's for sure.

Sold one book in this auction (the FF #1 in 6.5) and did well...also picked up 3 more, mostly at my max bids. Lost out on 4-5 others. Overall, a good day!

Dan

Need pics :sumo:

Well, just my luck. I decided to sit this Focused Auction out to be responsible and pay off some bills. But I kept my eye on a few things and it seems I missed out on some really good deals.

The keys seemed to be doing fine, but is it just me me or does it seem like everything else was selling for a discount?

What really alarms me is I sent Clink some nice books for their auctions in July and August. But the results on comparable books in this auction make me sick. I'm seriously having second thoughts and considering just calling them and pulling the books. I really don't know what to do.

Awesome auction if you were a buyer though.

Wound up sitting this one out tonight. There weren't any ASMs I needed that badly to upgrade in comparison as to what was offered and money I wanted to spend. I would rather sell a few more things first.

However... summer...? Summer featured / focused whatever is interesting hm