• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DKIII Lee Sketch Covers yellow vs. Sex Criminals 11 Sketch green

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why the Jim Lee DKIII 5K covers are getting yellow labels (5 of them according to the census) but my copies of Sex Criminals 11 sketch covers all got green labels? Both are special sketch only editions that came from the manufacturer with sketches from the artist.

Does anyone know if the Harley Little Black Book sketches are getting green or yellow?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Who did they ask DC or the distributor? Man, I would have loved to get the Sex Criminal books as yellow labels. I am guessing the Harley books will also get green.

Another one I have always been perplexed by is the Miracleman 1 "Gold Edition." For some reason they get blue labels even though they have Alan Moore's name written inside of them.

589023969_o.jpg

Another one I have always been perplexed by is the Miracleman 1 "Gold Edition." For some reason they get blue labels even though they have Alan Moore's name written inside of them.

How could CGC witness and certify that book when they didn't exist at the time of the signing?

They didn't witness or certify the signature. They're noting the name and number on the interior.

How could CGC witness and certify that book when they didn't exist at the time of the signing?

They didn't witness or certify the signature. They're noting the name and number on the interior.

I know. I guess I could have phrased that better.

Per CGC FAQ:

How does CGC grade books that have been signed, but not witnessed?

Basic rule-of-thumb is if the book is mid-grade or lower, or if the signature is on the inside of the book, it will get a Universal label with grading text that would read something like: “Name written on cover/nth page in marker.”

If the book is high-grade the signature would be the qualifier, hence the Qualified label. The grading text in that case would read something like: “NAME WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER.” (Qualifiers are always in CAPS on the Qualified label)

The Universal label would be inclusive of the Signature as a defect and the book would be graded accordingly. Since the book is mid-grade, the signature would not warrant the use of a qualifier because the signature, in our standards, would be an acceptable defect in that grade.

The Qualified label would ignore the major defect (in this case the signature) in the grade and would reflect the grade of the book. We only use the Qualified label for specific defects and if the difference in grades between being Universal or Qualified is big enough to warrant it.

I name and number written on the inside of a book only knocks it down .2?

Yea tis odd... Implies my kids can neatly write in pen in my books and I can still have them graded as NM+ ? (shrug)

Could even be NM/MT (9.8)

I know some of the shop owners who have them SSd. They specifically requested the books be sent to CGC and it was honored. The question has to be asked before it can be answered.

I know a shop owner who specifically asked CGC, before the books shipped, and was told no. It's a shame they weren't informed to have DC mail in the book, I never thought DC would trouble with that. Live and learn, I guess...