Weaving the Web: Completing AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Run
4 4

217 posts in this topic

3,775 posts

Just made first big purchase of 2018, book is shipped and I get the dreaded Canada Customs notification...

"Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing."

:pullhair:  :eek:  :wishluck: :wishluck:

8,387 posts
2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Just made first big purchase of 2018, book is shipped and I get the dreaded Canada Customs notification...

"Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing."

:pullhair:  :eek:  :wishluck: :wishluck:

What did you buy?

145 posts

Glad to see this journal is still ongoing since i was here last

3,775 posts
13 hours ago, piper said:

What did you buy?

Book from my personal "Top 5" list. Want to wait to see if arrives safely before say more.

...Been with customs now since the 18th. Grrrr. I have had books be delayed for several weeks before so not freaking out...Yet.

3,775 posts

Book arrived safely from Canada Customs and Canada Post!  One more book off my personal Top 5 list. :banana:

Amazing Spider-Man #3 CGC 5.5 w/Off White Pages.  I was originally gunning for a 6.0 but this book seemed to epitomize "buy the book, not the grade". Personally, I think it has great eye appeal for the grade but I may be bias.

ASM 3 CGC 5.5.jpg

145 posts
1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Book arrived safely from Canada Customs and Canada Post!  One more book off my personal Top 5 list. :banana:

Amazing Spider-Man #3 CGC 5.5 w/Off White Pages.  I was originally gunning for a 6.0 but this book seemed to epitomize "buy the book, not the grade". Personally, I think it has great eye appeal for the grade but I may be bias.

ASM 3 CGC 5.5.jpg

Amazing! 

3,775 posts

Current List to Complete the Run:

AF #15

ASM #1, #2, #4, #5, #7 - #12, #16 - #19, #21 - #24, #27, #29, #30, #32, #35, #38

4,876 posts

You're not biased - it looks really nice. :applause:

3,775 posts

Not an ASM book but I really started getting into Spidey just before Todd McFarlane started his run.  I always wanted a book with a Todd sig but I didn't want to jeopardize my ASM #300 CGC 9.6  so a little while ago, I purchased this beauty from @Iceman399 

Spidey 1 A 9.8.jpg

3,775 posts

I have not updated in awhile as I have not purchased anything towards the run.

Normally I am not a big "variant hunter" but I "deviated" a little bit from only saving for older books and I picked up a few of the JSC ASM #800 covers.  These, in my opinion have been some of the first ones in awhile where I felt like he was not just "phoning them in" and well, I felt like "buying something" so it was kind of the perfect storm lol.

I picked up the MJ, Black Cat and Gwen covers.

I think this will have scratched the itch to pick up something and it is back to saving.  I have had some shows recently and solid ebay sales so it wasn't too big of a hit and another show coming up in a few weeks.

4,876 posts
10 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I picked up the MJ, Black Cat and Gwen covers.

I think this will have scratched the itch to pick up something and it is back to saving.  I have had some shows recently and solid ebay sales so it wasn't too big of a hit and another show coming up in a few weeks.

Pics or it didn't happen!

3,775 posts
22 minutes ago, AJD said:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Not released until May 30th but these are the covers...

5aeca7ff87020_ASM800JSCB-MJ.jpg.63f4b893285c627a50238d0a939d8cad.jpg

1e76df94a222c2a5c2558565066bbaf3.jpg

ASM-800-F-Shopify_2048x.jpg

4,876 posts
11 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Not released until May 30th but these are the covers..

Sorry - I misinterpreted "picked up". Man - that's some ironic foreshadowing on the Gwen cover! :eek:

3,775 posts
12 hours ago, AJD said:

Sorry - I misinterpreted "picked up". Man - that's some ironic foreshadowing on the Gwen cover! :eek:

Poor, sweet Gwen :cry:

83 posts

I had started picking  up every variant for the current run then the 790's started and I couldn't justify spending the amount of money to keep up with them.  And normally I pick up all JSC covers but I couldn't justify that spend either $208 for 8 covers if my math is right thats almost or over 30 covers for #800 just right now lol. I only hope that some day I can spend the amount of money so of the collectors on here do for issues. But I am not gonna lie i am jealous you got my favorite ones congrats.

3,775 posts
6 hours ago, Phillip said:

I had started picking  up every variant for the current run then the 790's started and I couldn't justify spending the amount of money to keep up with them.  And normally I pick up all JSC covers but I couldn't justify that spend either $208 for 8 covers if my math is right thats almost or over 30 covers for #800 just right now lol. I only hope that some day I can spend the amount of money so of the collectors on here do for issues. But I am not gonna lie i am jealous you got my favorite ones congrats.

The influx of variants has been crazy and I tend to stay away from them unless I can get like a 1:20/25 variant at cover through my LCS to focus on older books but these ones, I just had a bit of an itch to scratch and like I said, felt like JSC did not "call these ones in".

Now that I have these ordered, back to focusing on and saving for older books that I need for my ASM run. 

3,775 posts

I might send in a few more of my Dell'Otto covers...

ASM 797 Convention CGC 9 8.jpg

ASM 797 Virgin CGC 9 8.jpg