• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic D.C. WASHTONE Thread
4 4

169 posts in this topic

A wonderful effort has been made to index the ones related to the War books in the annual OPG..... but I was wondering if an effort to list ALL of them has ever been made.....I mean, the Peter Pandas, Hopalong Cassidys, Brave and the Bolds, Sci-Fi titles, etc ?

Some absolutely beautiful covers here! :cloud9:

Does anybody know which is the first actual DC greytone cover? hm

Does anybody know which is the first actual DC greytone cover? hm

Once read that the first grey tone was Showcase #3 cover but I think Overstreet guide lists Star Spangled War Stories #45.

I remember a thread about this on the boards but could not find it, it must be there. hm

I think Showcase #3 and All American Men of War #35 came out the same month ,Star Spangled War Stories #45 just one month earlier. So it might be one of them.

594713_DetailsThumb_Obv_zpsrleovmrf.jpg

ww108.jpg
(thumbs u(worship):cloud9:

... I would be very interested in finding out which Superhero issues had washtones. I'm familiar with the Sea Devils group.... I'm thinking more of the titles with only 1 or 2....... like the Wonder Woman 108, GL 8, MIS 55...... that sort of thing. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u