• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New! Questions on selling, etc.

27 posts in this topic

So I'm brand new here. 1st post. I'm trying to read through all of the posts and guidelines, rules, etc. I've got a decent collection that I'm starting to get rid of. How well does the selling forum work? I've gotten my first 6 slabs back and I'd like to sell a few of them. I know how to use eBay but I would like to avoid all of the charges associated with using it and it appears that this forum would be an excellent place to do this. I'm worried that there is no policy or guarantees that would make ebay a better option. I have seen the HOS and probation list and those are great! Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get started? Thanks for all reading this and for your help!!!

Use nice scans or pics

If raw, give your opinion of grade

Price them right.

Include payment method, return policy (which may be no returns), shipping cost if any.

Look at some other threads to get an idea of how to present.

It's pretty straightforward.

Best of luck.

PayPal is a secure method for both you and the buyer.

Ship and pack securely.

Use nice scans or pics

Price them right.

Include payment method, return policy (which may be no returns), shipping cost if any.

Best of luck.

Ship and pack securely.

This.

Use nice scans or pics

Price them right.

Best of luck.

Ship and pack securely.

This.

+1

It also may be beneficial to include any references you may have. Such as eBay history or fellow boardies you may have had any transactions with prior to joining the boards.

It also helps to be a somewhat contributing member of the forums.

People smell a scam before it falls out of the bull's around here. Don't be shocked if you don't get much action before anyone knows who you are

It also helps to be a somewhat contributing member of the forums.

People smell a scam before it falls out of the bull's around here. Don't be shocked if you don't get much action before anyone knows who you are

+1

One of the great things about BUYING here is that you're doing so from people you've gotten to know a little bit. One of the great things about SELLING here is that you're happy to see your books go to someone you know a little bit, and because of that you are happy to sell them at a price lower than you'd have taken selling to a complete stranger on ebay... which leads to another nice thing about being a BUYER here.....

See?

But all of that really only happens if you hang around the other forums. If you're only in the sales forums its tough to do. If you're really into comics, comic book movies and TV shows, and such.. that shouldn't be a problem. It's a fun place.

Oh and if you love crazy bat-guano drama? Please, try us on Fridays. You'll love us on Fridays.

Yeh you just missed a doozy actually but it was a Saturday Night special

He's new, Kav... I was both trying to break him in slowly and not scare him away.

(thumbs u

Uh-it wasn't really a doozy more like a-misunderstanding.

The guy involved was kicked off the boards but-realy-it was nothing. And uh-a really you know unusual event and stuff.