• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the Key of the Snyder/Capullo run?

36 posts in this topic

Will it be the Sketch of #1, or will it be 50?

Perhaps the introduction of Harper or Duke depending on how they develop.

Or someting odd with a weird print number.

Were there many convention or retailer incenvtive variants that were extremely rare?

But how much will another "reboot" affect the long term importance of the book. It has been an amazing run, but has DC managed to undermine the story.

I don't think the reboot will affect the importance of the book, or the series as a whole. In my opinion it has been an outstanding series and ranks among my favorites out of all Batman stories, from the 1940 series all the way through one shots. To me it's a classic that will continue to be praised.

From what I have seen only Action and Detective are going back to the original numbering including the 52 (+0 issue) issues of the New 52 series. Action will start at #957 and Detective #934. Though I am kinda surprised they didn't go back to the original numbering for Batman and Superman as both of those titles are closing in on 900.

As for Snyder run I think it will keep its relevance, even with the renumbering I can't see DC wiping away the continuity of one of the best Batman runs of all time. After all they kept most the Batman pre-flashpoint history intact with the New52 launch.

From what I have seen only Action and Detective are going back to the original numbering including the 52 (+0 issue) issues of the New 52 series. Action will start at #957 and Detective #934. Though I am kinda surprised they didn't go back to the original numbering for Batman and Superman as both of those titles are closing in on 900.

As for Snyder run I think it will keep its relevance, even with the renumbering I can't see DC wiping away the continuity of one of the best Batman runs of all time. After all they kept most the Batman pre-flashpoint history intact with the New52 launch.

As a collector trying to find keys, the entire reboot thing is getting infuriating. These boards often have arguments about what is key or not, but when entire portions of character history are destroyed or could be destroyed at any point, do those books remain key in the long run? I know Batman went through 52 with arguably the fewest changes (if really any changes), of any character in the DCU, and I was very thankful for that.

Time will tell, but Snyder was given a near impossible task (hey kid from the world of prose, you're getting Batman's reboot) and he continually knocked it out of the park. Capullo as well, particularly what stands out to me are his villains, the Owls, Talons, Joker, Riddler, etc.

In this day and age a 50+ issue run, without a single bad arc (and these were ambitious arcs) selling as well as it did, is enough to cement the team for me. I'm not saying their the greatest ever, but they deserve to be in that discussion.

No offense but while I loved JMS' run at times, it had a lot of issues that bothered core fans, and it concludes with that which shall not be named, heavily tainting it. I don't think any of JMS' arcs touches Court of Owls, or Death of the Family/Endgame (really a 2 part opera if you think of it.)

if they are going to go back to original numbering I too prefer that they keep the "new 52" books as part of the numbering so they jump 4 or 5 years or whatever. these titles are approaching 1,000 issues for criminey sake.

when they put wonder woman back to 600, was that exactly 600 counting the original numbering and the 80s reboot?

green lantern and jla are hopeless I guess, but at least that numbering only starting in the 60s

If they do a renumber to original numbering, will any be key ? Think the ASM Straczynski run, there was a time were the early issues of his run were $20+ books, other than 36, are any worth anything now that they renumbered ?

the are worth something if they have campbell covers