• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Yeah, this isn't impressive. I don't like black and white or sketch variants anyway. Maybe Ill think differently when I actually get it.

I do like when they slightly changes things like Campbell does with the clothes or when some add blood. Those at least seem somewhat creative versus just providing a sketch of the art.

24 minutes ago, freecharlie said:

So they are letting their customers decide, and it looks like they've listened, and will not be going with the sketch. They have now posted a much better color splash option.

Where? 

6 hours ago, rush_6 said:

Where? 

There ultimate is a virgin edition, it won't have the trade dressing. The trade dressing was posted from another iron fist cover Frankie's showed on their website. It's a fake fan job.

7 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, this isn't impressive. I don't like black and white or sketch variants anyway. Maybe Ill think differently when I actually get it.

I do like when they slightly changes things like Campbell does with the clothes or when some add blood. Those at least seem somewhat creative versus just providing a sketch of the art.

Campbells work is done digitally with layering that is turned on and off to make those changes. Otto is hand pencils and painting.

38 minutes ago, Polirer said:

There ultimate is a virgin edition, it won't have the trade dressing. The trade dressing was posted from another iron fist cover Frankie's showed on their website. It's a fake fan job.

I was asking where did they post the new version i am aware of the sketch virgin ultimate.

I have to be honest i do like that compared to the sketch.....and from another place on the web quote from frankie's comics.

Ok so someone hacked my Google plus account and posted the wrong cover for the Ultimate edition! Just kidding. We got a lot of interesting feedback on the sketch. Based on that feedback we are switching out the sketch for the color splash version. So the Ultimate edition will be the color splash version seen in the picture below. The sketch will be sold soon as well for a 5th cover. I have no other iron fist covers. You have seen them all. Thank you for the honest feedback.

Not often you get places that do this.

Edited by Archaeon90

3 minutes ago, Archaeon90 said:

I have to be honest i do like that compared to the sketch.....and from another place on the web quote from frankie's comics.

Not often you get places that do this.

Good on them for doing that, more places should be open to it, it isn't like these covers are printed and sitting in a warehouse already. They just did some very slight manipulation here, that's it.

3 minutes ago, rush_6 said:

Certainly an improvement. On a book with a 250 print run it is easy to off more then half your purchase group, but it seems they listened and alot of people are happier.

Can you provide a link to where the picture is? Thanks.