• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Polirer said:

Is it possible to get on a wait list with the exclusive company for a sketch?

The short answer is yes, he still does it but they are very limited to when he has the opportunity and they are very expensive.  I am fortunate to have gotten my hands on a few of his sketch covers back when they were very detailed to what he is doing now.

PM me for details and I can at least put you through to right contacts but again no guarantees and very pricey from what I was quoted personally.

Not mine but just an example of his recent work.

16711919_689069794594609_1190833417887203831_n.jpg

Edited by obsidian00
g

Well being the OCD kind of collector that I am (is there any other kind??), I was finally able to assemble all versions/reprints/prints of the Dell'otto 667.  The Italian, the Mexican, and of course the original.  The one that took the longest to track down (other than the original, obviously) was the print.  Here is a group shot of them in all their nerdy glory.  :cloud9:

20170303_170404.jpg

Edited by Jaydogrules

16 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Well being the OCD kind of collector that I am (is there any other kind??), I was finally able to assemble all versions/reprints/prints of the Dell'otto 667.  The Italian, the Mexican, and of course the original.  The one that took the longest to track down was actually the print.  Here is a group short of them in all their nerdy glory.  :cloud9:

20170303_170404.jpg

(worship)

On 3/1/2017 at 3:35 PM, obsidian00 said:

The short answer is yes, he still does it but they are very limited to when he has the opportunity and they are very expensive.  I am fortunate to have gotten my hands on a few of his sketch covers back when they were very detailed to what he is doing now.

PM me for details and I can at least put you through to right contacts but again no guarantees and very pricey from what I was quoted personally.

Not mine but just an example of his recent work.

16711919_689069794594609_1190833417887203831_n.jpg

Can I do the same? Been dying for an opportunity. :)

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Well being the OCD kind of collector that I am (is there any other kind??), I was finally able to assemble all versions/reprints/prints of the Dell'otto 667.  The Italian, the Mexican, and of course the original.  The one that took the longest to track down (other than the original, obviously) was the print.  Here is a group short of them in all their nerdy glory.  :cloud9:

20170303_170404.jpg

I was hoping to see all of them together.   Ambition with dedication pays off.  B|

7 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Well being the OCD kind of collector that I am (is there any other kind??), I was finally able to assemble all versions/reprints/prints of the Dell'otto 667.  The Italian, the Mexican, and of course the original.  The one that took the longest to track down (other than the original, obviously) was the print.  Here is a group shot of them in all their nerdy glory.  :cloud9:

20170303_170404.jpg

Yea but only one is slabbed.  My OCD is telling me you need to either crack the slab, or slab the rest lol  Amazing set buddy!

Jerome

12 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Yea but only one is slabbed.  My OCD is telling me you need to either crack the slab, or slab the rest lol  Amazing set buddy!

Jerome

Thanks guys I appreciate the nice words.  No need to slab the foreign editions though.  A Mylar does just fine for those. lol

-J.

22 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Very nice Jay - how hard is it to track down the foreign editions and print compared to the US edition? 

Thank you sir. :)

The Italian  (pannini) version is a bit harder to find than the Mexican version.  But both are usually available on eBay at any given time.  

The print, I've only seen the one on eBay.  I don't even know where to find that otherwise.  

Compared to the original the print seems as about as hard to find as the actual original comic book for some reason. Though it is obviously nowhere near the cost. 

-J.

7 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Took me a while to find these but it was well worth the wait.   Some say the scarcity is due to lower than usual print runs but who knows.

Still looking for that cgc'd Colossus cable/X-Force cover..

20170304_214434_zps7nmkvzka.jpg

Looking good...i might be able to help you with the colossus cable/x-force cgc. If your interested pm us

Edited by Archaeon90

Nice! I just wish he signed books like he signs his art, his actual sig looks like he's writing you a prescription lol.

Also, I am pretty sure the relaunch/redesign killed this forum, modern at least 

Edited by Hickok8AA8

2 hours ago, Sriz said:

There use to be daily activity on this thread but it's been quiet.....a little bit too quiet.  

Just got this in the mail

1489499672155-998552638.jpg

Very nice that is a really nice piece.   :headbang:

It's interesting because there does seem to be a few different variations on his signature.  

I guess it just depends on how much coffee he's had that day. lol

-J.

14 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Very nice that is a really nice piece.   :headbang:

It's interesting because there does seem to be a few different variations on his signature.  

I guess it just depends on how much coffee he's had that day. lol

-J.

Or which assistant may be signing for him that day  lol