• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

They have a brick and mortar store in TX, maybe they have some additional for sale in it. 

Didn't realize they had a store. Yes, I would guess the case would always be they would hold some back for their customers.

I think its clear there are more than 1000. The word online wouldnt be there. These businesses aren't stupid. I would hope that there aren't many more though. Just some that he will have in his store and maybe some for conventions (If he has a booth at conventions). For these store exclusives, once you get over 1000, they start to get too common for my taste. So, if there are hundreds more, this book may not turn out to be worth much in the long run. Maybe it will be an outlier though. (shrug)

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

Owner just confirmed 1000 total with slight overage for damages etc.

I’d love to know how he defines “slight overage”. 

Last I heard you need to order quite a bit more than 1000 copies to get a variant from Marvel. 

Is that no longer the case?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if upwards of 2000 copies are being tossed in the trash. It unfortunately wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard of someone destroying copies to create a false print run for profit. 

I got some books in today. I requested gold, but you don't always get what you want or they didnt pass along the request. Still turned out good I think. At some point, I might get a couple more sigs on a couple and try to get 9.8s. I thought all of these were 9.8 candidates and none had graders notes, so I think they still could make it. I got a couple more that are dupes too. Didnt post here.

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Edited by kevhtx

16 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I got some books in today. I requested gold, but you don't always get what you want or they didnt pass along the request. Still turned out good I think. At some point, I might get a couple more sigs on a couple and try to get 9.8s. I thought all of these were 9.8 candidates and none had graders notes, so I think they still could make it. I got a couple more that are dupes too. Didnt post here.

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Some very handsome books in there!

34 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Nice run of books there

3 hours ago, kevhtx said:

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Wow!  What a haul!  (worship)

-J.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, IntoAnother said:

I’d love to know how he defines “slight overage”. 

Last I heard you need to order quite a bit more than 1000 copies to get a variant from Marvel. 

Is that no longer the case?

Is this true? Didnt know that. I’ve seen a few print runs recently listing variants as low as 500 and 600. 

So this means their just tossing out and destroying the extra books to meet this number? Such a waste..

Edited by rogue14
Spelling

2 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Is this true? Didnt know that. I’ve seen a few print runs recently listing variants as low as 500 and 600. 

So mean there just tossing out and destroying the extra books to meet this number? Such a waste..

Yes / no, depends on the situation. Need more information.

2 hours ago, rogue14 said:

So mean there just tossing out and destroying the extra books to meet this number? Such a waste..

Yes it unfortunately does happen. 

As if all the Under Ordered, Uncirculated, From the Collection of Scott Blahblahblah, etc...carnie talk wasn’t enough. Now some dealers are altering print runs just to price gouge collectors up front.

It’s pretty disgusting what some people do to try and turn a profit.  

To be clear, when I’m using the term dealer above please think shop variants. I say this because the information I have been told was all connected to those types of variants.

25 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

Yes it unfortunately does happen. 

As if all the Under Ordered, Uncirculated, From the Collection of Scott Blahblahblah, etc...carnie talk wasn’t enough. Now some dealers are altering print runs just to price gouge collectors up front.

It’s pretty disgusting what some people do to try and turn a profit.  

To be clear, when I’m using the term dealer above please think shop variants. I say this because the information I have been told was all connected to those types of variants.

:popcorn:

7 hours ago, rogue14 said:

So this means their just tossing out and destroying the extra books to meet this number? Such a waste..

For ASM 666 retailers were allowed to order as few as 500 copies of their store variant.  

-J.

6 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

For ASM 666 retailers were allowed to order as few as 500 copies of their store variant.  

-J.

That's definitely not the norm though. I suspect they allowed that because there's no way a store could move 3,000 copies of that variant. Even 500 would be tough.

5 hours ago, Tnexus said:

That's definitely not the norm though. I suspect they allowed that because there's no way a store could move 3,000 copies of that variant. Even 500 would be tough.

That was 7 years ago and no longer relevant.