Celebrate Dell'Otto!
22 22

4,058 posts in this topic

brianlake7   
  • Member
  • 34 posts
  • Location: Ohio

So what is the scoop on these? I dont know that I have seen the red background with the red flaming sword

30709289_629698914032447_7078346222949520397_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CKinTO   
  • Member
  • 303 posts
13 hours ago, brianlake7 said:

So what is the scoop on these? I dont know that I have seen the red background with the red flaming sword

30709289_629698914032447_7078346222949520397_n.jpg

I have no idea what those are... the original Red background was the Bulletproof Comics covers (without flaming swords). The NYCC convention cover had blue background with the flaming swords.

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Polirer   
  • Member
  • 549 posts
  • Location: New York
13 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

I have no idea what those are... the original Red background was the Bulletproof Comics covers (without flaming swords). The NYCC convention cover had blue background with the flaming swords.

???

These are also a con-variant, I believe we were hoping to have these for Baltimore 2017. They too had a print run of 1000. 

Blue background was NYCC 2017.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
obsidian00   
  • Member
  • 212 posts
  • Location: NYC / NJ
44 minutes ago, Polirer said:

These are also a con-variant, I believe we were hoping to have these for Baltimore 2017. They too had a print run of 1000. 

Blue background was NYCC 2017.

 

Bro I'm losing track on these Gab variants.  Such a beautiful cover to be somewhat diminished by multiple printings.

This is not only bulletproof but everyone else is doing it.  Impossible on my end to determine what version to buy, get signed and also hold collector value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revat   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 17,044 posts

  • We have unpaid interns to hold each slab on display.  Since light is bad for comics, they mostly sit in the dark.  Come to think of it, there's probably no good reason we make them hold the slabs above their heads.
9 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Bro I'm losing track on these Gab variants.  Such a beautiful cover to be somewhat diminished by multiple printings.

This is not only bulletproof but everyone else is doing it.  Impossible on my end to determine what version to buy, get signed and also hold collector value.

 

I think they're hoping you buy to get blue, yellow, reading, and speculator copies of regular, virgin, sketch, and reprints.

Edited by revat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
obsidian00   
  • Member
  • 212 posts
  • Location: NYC / NJ
1 minute ago, revat said:

I think they're hoping you buy to get blue, yellow, reading, and speculator copies of regular, virgin, sketch, and reprints.

Don't forget the 1:25, 1:200 1:4999 editions that are happening or in the works.   If it was disclosed all up front I wouldn't have an issue but my original red wonder woman, which I had very high hopes for, will unfortunately remain just another raw copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revat   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 17,044 posts

  • We have unpaid interns to hold each slab on display.  Since light is bad for comics, they mostly sit in the dark.  Come to think of it, there's probably no good reason we make them hold the slabs above their heads.
12 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Don't forget the 1:25, 1:200 1:4999 editions that are happening or in the works.   If it was disclosed all up front I wouldn't have an issue but my original red wonder woman, which I had very high hopes for, will unfortunately remain just another raw copy.

you know what I always thought was kinda strange? There are some people who love certain artists (JSC and Del'otto come to mind), and buy just about everything they put out new AND get them slabbed, including 'exclusive' stuff with 'limited' print runs etc, but those same people don't buy older stuff by those artists which are many cases more rare (especially in 9.8) which are just as cool and definitely more unique and almost certainly cheaper.  I get that everyone collects their own way, but I would think that rather than have four very similar copies of the newest hottest Del'Otto variant, it'd be pretty cool (and cheaper) to get some of those old annihilation comics in CGC 9.8.  Like if you're gonna be a completionist then be a completionist.  And if you're not a completionist, why are you buy five covers every time? 

 

** Note that the Dark Metal WW cover is hot fire and I encourage people to get 5 different versions of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
obsidian00   
  • Member
  • 212 posts
  • Location: NYC / NJ
3 hours ago, revat said:

you know what I always thought was kinda strange? There are some people who love certain artists (JSC and Del'otto come to mind), and buy just about everything they put out new AND get them slabbed, including 'exclusive' stuff with 'limited' print runs etc, but those same people don't buy older stuff by those artists which are many cases more rare (especially in 9.8) which are just as cool and definitely more unique and almost certainly cheaper.  I get that everyone collects their own way, but I would think that rather than have four very similar copies of the newest hottest Del'Otto variant, it'd be pretty cool (and cheaper) to get some of those old annihilation comics in CGC 9.8.  Like if you're gonna be a completionist then be a completionist.  And if you're not a completionist, why are you buy five covers every time? 

 

** Note that the Dark Metal WW cover is hot fire and I encourage people to get 5 different versions of it.

I'll myself collect some of the older Gab books especially the euro panini stuff that is not easily attainable.  I myself have set a challenge of getting a high grade of one of my favorite characters, this Phoenix euro.   I have one already which would probably max out a 7.5 but I do have people on the lookout for a higher grade.(thumbsu

 

XMen49Phoenix.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ygogolak   
  • Member
  • 7,803 posts
7 hours ago, Polirer said:

These are also a con-variant, I believe we were hoping to have these for Baltimore 2017. They too had a print run of 1000. 

Blue background was NYCC 2017.

 

So where are they now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
locomat   
  • Member
  • 31 posts
8 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

I'll myself collect some of the older Gab books especially the euro panini stuff that is not easily attainable.  I myself have set a challenge of getting a high grade of one of my favorite characters, this Phoenix euro.   I have one already which would probably max out a 7.5 but I do have people on the lookout for a higher grade.(thumbsu

 

XMen49Phoenix.jpg

Good plan! I´m trying to collect all the old europe covers from Dell Otto as well.... :D Oh and by the way...I love the Phoenix cover!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jking3437   
  • Member
  • 4,399 posts

I would love to see del’otto do a walking dead zombie cover . Would be sick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rogue14   
  • Member
  • 458 posts
On 4/19/2018 at 7:45 PM, ygogolak said:

So where are they now?

Funny I was just wondering the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Polirer   
  • Member
  • 549 posts
  • Location: New York
45 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Funny I was just wondering the same thing.

So...they are still with Bulletproof...those in the wild are the creator comps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ygogolak   
  • Member
  • 7,803 posts
14 hours ago, Polirer said:

So...they are still with Bulletproof...those in the wild are the creator comps.

So are they going to come out 5 at at time at $150 each?

hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Subby1938   
  • Member
  • 254 posts

Brand new art for exclusive ASM 800 Dell’Otto cover. Finally something new but he has three covers now for # 800 what a cash grab this has turned into. 

 

 

A1F75225-9A02-400B-862C-356D915EA8B4.png

F9C7DA17-F446-412C-93EB-6EC578903965.jpeg

Edited by Subby1938

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
obsidian00   
  • Member
  • 212 posts
  • Location: NYC / NJ

Loved it when I saw a sneak preview of this more than a week ago...finally get to see new art instead of using his older works.  Now let's see if they how many versions of this will pop up...hm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Subby1938   
  • Member
  • 254 posts

Only 2 and it’s exclusive to one store . The trade dress has 3000 copies , virgin 1000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
22 22

  • Welcome! Sign up and jump in!

    Membership and use of the boards is FREE! The knowledge available on these boards about comic collecting is an amazing resource for less experienced collectors. It's also a great place to talk about expert comic collecting topics with other experienced collectors. We hope that you find what you came looking for here, but more than that, we hope you find your new comic collecting home.

    Don't let the friendly banter and close knit community put you off. You're only a few posts from being part of the gang!

    After you sign up, introduce yourself! We'd love to know more about your collecting.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 28 April 2018 05:00 PM Until 29 April 2018 12:00 AM
      0  
      Little Giant Comics OLD SCHOOL COMIC SHOW 
      Here's the deal, I wanted to create the kind of show I would want to attend.
      GREAT COMICS, GREAT ART & ARTISTS!
      I want to enter a room filled with amazing comics, incredible art and talented artists, I don't think that's too much to ask.
      Seems like every show I attend only has a small amount of comic vendors (usually the same 3 or 4 people I see at every show), the rest of the floor is fidget spinners, Cosplay stopping in front of your booth for photo shoots, sweaty ROOT BEER mugs everywhere dripping on your comics or art, Pirates running around, knick knack patty whacks, energy drinks, Ice Cream vendors and flea market fodder........
      NO MORE I SAY!!  
      OLD SCHOOL COMIC SHOW
       
       
    • 20 May 2018 05:00 PM Until 21 May 2018 12:00 AM
      0  
      The third and original ( after a 7 year hiatus )  Rocky Mountain Comic Convention will be held on 
      Sunday May 20, 2018 10am - 5pm DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Denver Stapelton 4040 Quebec Street, Denver Co. 80216 1-866-238-4218 Admission still only $10 Admission includes entry to raffle   We will have more than 30 dealers from all over Colorado and the US offering a wide variety of Comics and Comic Art from all era of collecting. This show will be run by the same people that run the very popular CalComicCon!