• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On a side note as not sure if any one mentioned it in here but the avengers assemble #10 is actually a connecting cover with the cable - x force #3 just need to send my avengers 10 off and will have them hanging on my wall

l7s37qA.jpg

You're going to be one short.

Doc1_zps2nrjzbxb.jpg

On a side note as not sure if any one mentioned it in here but the avengers assemble #10 is actually a connecting cover with the cable - x force #3 just need to send my avengers 10 off and will have them hanging on my wall

l7s37qA.jpg

Doc1_zps2nrjzbxb.jpg

oh i got that one as well but compared to the other two, too me its not exactly "connecting"

Edited by Archaeon90

oh i got that one as well but compared to the other two, too me its not exactly "connecting"

Yea, not really sure what's up with these. I can see that you had to shift the Hulk up to line up with the Cable.

Yea, not really sure what's up with these. I can see that you had to shift the Hulk up to line up with the Cable.

Yeah that red bar they added to the cable one really screwed with it all when the other two are full cover images

Found an Avengers Assemble #10 1:50 at a LCS today for $30 (same shop I got the ASM 678 a year and a half ago), looks to be a 9.6. If it's as rare as Jaydogrules says I should probably slab it, no?

Found an Avengers Assemble #10 1:50 at a LCS today for $30 (same shop I got the ASM 678 a year and a half ago), looks to be a 9.6. If it's as rare as Jaydogrules says I should probably slab it, no?

:headbang: I seriously need to shop where you shop!

-J.

Get your lawn chairs ready to camp out at the LCS next Wednesday for the International Iron Man #1 variant

lol You just ensured I'll have to get my copy off from ebay.

-J.

Pre-sales are up at $40 but at least it's a 1:25 and not a 1:50 so I'll have a chance of finding one next week when I make my rounds. I can't see the bigger LCS's ordering less than 25 copies of a new #1.

I don't wanna start the usual "where's your proof of the print run??" BS concerning the Dell'Otto Avengers Assemble #10 1:50, but the Diamond numbers for it were just over 32,000. This seller says there's less than 600 of the variant. This one could be the next "white whale." Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-ASSEMBLE-10-Variant-1-50-Gabrielle-DellOtto-Marvel-NEAR-MINT-RARE-/222045322902?hash=item33b2eebe96:g:SD0AAOSwh-1W3Kox

Avengers Assemble #10 is a 3+ year old book with exactly two copies on the census and one GPA sale. It is one of his rarest Marvel variants, and has disappeared from ebay. I would highly doubt that it had more than a two case print run (~450 copies). If someone wanted to track down all of his hardest to find variants with one of his best covers that would be on their short list. It's rarer than all of the Original Sins, and X -23 #1 and would probably give the ASM 667 and Winter Soldier #1 a run for their money.

-J.

Are we talking about this book:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_ftrt=901&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=2&_sop=10&_sadis=15&_fss=1&_dmd=1&_sasl=mycomicshop%2Cmilehighcomics&_ftrv=1&_from=R40&LH_PrefLoc=2&_nkw=avengers%20assemble%2010%20dell%20otto&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Get your lawn chairs ready to camp out at the LCS next Wednesday for the International Iron Man #1 variant

lol You just ensured I'll have to get my copy off from ebay.

-J.

Pre-sales are up at $40 but at least it's a 1:25 and not a 1:50 so I'll have a chance of finding one next week when I make my rounds. I can't see the bigger LCS's ordering less than 25 copies of a new #1.

I don't wanna start the usual "where's your proof of the print run??" BS concerning the Dell'Otto Avengers Assemble #10 1:50, but the Diamond numbers for it were just over 32,000. This seller says there's less than 600 of the variant. This one could be the next "white whale." Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-ASSEMBLE-10-Variant-1-50-Gabrielle-DellOtto-Marvel-NEAR-MINT-RARE-/222045322902?hash=item33b2eebe96:g:SD0AAOSwh-1W3Kox

Avengers Assemble #10 is a 3+ year old book with exactly two copies on the census and one GPA sale. It is one of his rarest Marvel variants, and has disappeared from ebay. I would highly doubt that it had more than a two case print run (~450 copies). If someone wanted to track down all of his hardest to find variants with one of his best covers that would be on their short list. It's rarer than all of the Original Sins, and X -23 #1 and would probably give the ASM 667 and Winter Soldier #1 a run for their money.

-J.

Are we talking about this book:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_ftrt=901&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=2&_sop=10&_sadis=15&_fss=1&_dmd=1&_sasl=mycomicshop%2Cmilehighcomics&_ftrv=1&_from=R40&LH_PrefLoc=2&_nkw=avengers%20assemble%2010%20dell%20otto&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

That's the one! (thumbs u

-J.

:headbang: I seriously need to shop where you shop!

-J.

I won't give away the name or location but if you're ever out my way hit me up and I'll take you there.

I keep a blindfold and duct tape in my trunk lol

A nice looking raw X-23 #1 just went for a little under $800 today: :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-23-1-RARE-1-25-Variant-HTF-Dell-Otto-/252313757682?hash=item3abf1267f2:g:-hUAAOSwoBtW3zVE

-J.

Not sure if there is a create by her right knee on the front spine there, or if its just a flicker of something. But otherwise, looks to be a solid 98 candidate.

Jerome

I went to an LCS yesterday and requested to see his Original Sin books from the back. He brings them out and I look through them. He has all the Dell'Otto's with Gamora and Punisher being in the best shape. Gamora has a $39.95 tag and Punisher has a $19.95 tag. He then says, don't worry about the prices, they are probably less than that. I quickly deduce that he is going to look them up. No *spoon*, right. Boy was he surprised to see what they were going for and I was far less surprised that the sticker prices were soon not going to be the sell prices.

He then asks, do you know what these are going for? I say, yes, I'm aware. Then he offers me 20% off...of eBay prices! I politely decline. For the record, I would have bought them if he handed them over at those prices. Sellers responsibility to know what they have (which he ultimately did find out).

I'm not mad since they were pulled from his back room and they were not fair game yet because they were not in the back issues boxes on the floor.

I'm more frustrated that he didn't at least say "thank you for bringing these to my attention". He went from $60 plus taxes in sales for the 2 books, to putting them in the display case for $225 (Gamora) and $150 (Punisher) WHILE I'M THERE At least put them in mylar bro.

lol. Ah well, at least I can say I at least held those copies :)

I went to an LCS yesterday and requested to see his Original Sin books from the back. He brings them out and I look through them. He has all the Dell'Otto's with Gamora and Punisher being in the best shape. Gamora has a $39.95 tag and Punisher has a $19.95 tag. He then says, don't worry about the prices, they are probably less than that. I quickly deduce that he is going to look them up. No *spoon*, right. Boy was he surprised to see what they were going for and I was far less surprised that the sticker prices were soon not going to be the sell prices.

He then asks, do you know what these are going for? I say, yes, I'm aware. Then he offers me 20% off...of eBay prices! I politely decline. For the record, I would have bought them if he handed them over at those prices. Sellers responsibility to know what they have (which he ultimately did find out).

I'm not mad since they were pulled from his back room and they were not fair game yet because they were not in the back issues boxes on the floor.

I'm more frustrated that he didn't at least say "thank you for bringing these to my attention". He went from $60 plus taxes in sales for the 2 books, to putting them in the display case for $225 (Gamora) and $150 (Punisher) WHILE I'M THERE At least put them in mylar bro.

lol. Ah well, at least I can say I at least held those copies :)

LCS like that are scum and don't deserve any business !

Not trying to start an argument but can you please tell me WHY this comic store owner is scum?

Granted, he should have waited until the customer left the store to price and display them (that would have been the considerate thing to do). But he did offer a discount. Could it have been more? Absolutely!!

Don't get me wrong, I would have felt a bit slighted if I was in the same position (which I have been in before). BUT.......when you go into a situation like that (i.e. trying to purchase unpriced comics), 9 out of 10 times you are going to have the store owner determine FMV. It sucks doing homework for others, but that's the price you pay (pardon the pun), in this type of situation. Besides, the store owner has just as much right to make a buck as we (the collectors/flippers) do.

Just my 2c

Meck

Not trying to start an argument but can you please tell me WHY this comic store owner is scum?

Granted, he should have waited until the customer left the store to price and display them (that would have been the considerate thing to do). But he did offer a discount. Could it have been more? Absolutely!!

Don't get me wrong, I would have felt a bit slighted if I was in the same position (which I have been in before). BUT.......when you go into a situation like that (i.e. trying to purchase unpriced comics), 9 out of 10 times you are going to have the store owner determine FMV. It sucks doing homework for others, but that's the price you pay (pardon the pun), in this type of situation. Besides, the store owner has just as much right to make a buck as we (the collectors/flippers) do.

Just my 2c

Meck

It's a move because: having the employee say "don't worry about the prices, they are probably less than that" then looking the comics up on Ebay, IN FRONT of the customer, then pricing the comics based on Ebay's prices.

Edited by Candletric

Just my 2c

Meck

It's a move because: having the employee say "don't worry about the prices, they are probably less than that" then looking the comics up on Ebay, IN FRONT of the customer, then pricing the comics based on Ebay's prices.

If he's going to look up and change prices, at least do i t before the customer sees the books and the CURRENT STICKER PRICE!!! I would have walked out too. It's the principal of it all. Otherwise, why price books at all? Why not just Google prices at the checkout. Because it's shady business that's why.