• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2018 at 5:38 PM, darkstar said:

I remember when Jay used this argument against me when I was downplaying the ASM 678 Venom variant. And then he had no choice but to pipe down when I showed him a pic of the copy I acquired at C2E2 in 2016 for all of $40. 

If your only contribution to the discussion of a book on these boards is that all naysayers of a book exist solely because they don't own a copy, its time for you to go. There are plenty of other destinations on the internet for you to shill your store variants, the collector's society isn't one of them. Good day.

+1

Enough is enough, take what you call “insider info” some where else. 

11 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

+1

Enough is enough, take what you call “insider info” some where else. 

I’m sharing info hat I have regarding sales of a Dell’Otto cover. That many folks have asked that I continue to share.

1 hour ago, locomat said:

Ohhh there are alot of awesome old and extremly rare covers:

- Punisher kills the marvel universe museum edition (without numbers hand written on the cover!!! I would guess that maybe 1 or 2 copies exist the rest are all numbered and would not get a blue CGC label)

- French variant X-Men 49

- His Batman covers...I think it was number 16 and 25...not really sure

- Spiderman 10 with the Green Goblin double cover

or my absolute favorite old cover Wolverine 35 Abo Edition :D

Books being rare based on whether or not they are hand signed/numbered or have production defects (double cover?) is a different conversation.  

That wolverine 35 Abo I saw the OA for that on eBay quite a while ago for  $2k.  I kind of regret not buying it then for that I just really wanted a Spider-Man piece by him at the time.  Oh well.  But I do see a half a dozen copies of that Abo version on eBay now (closed listings).  That book is not rarer than ASM 667.  The Batman covers and X men 49 you mention I'm not familiar with.  Can you post or link to an image of those ?

Polirer is right though, the Panini variants are usually in the 2000 range, the lowest I've seen was 500 for that Michael Turner supergirl book with the recycled image of her standing there naked, her cape the only thing covering her up.  

-J.

Just now, Polirer said:

I’m sharing info hat I have regarding sales of a Dell’Otto cover. That many folks have asked that I continue to share.

No, what you are doing is shilling. You are way too connected to Bulletproof for it to be seen as anything else. Even if that’s not the case, it’s how it appears. 

You honestly can’t expect every one of us to believe you pay the same prices we do being such an “insider”, so it can very easily be seen as financially motivated hype.

I do hope you can see that. If those who truly value the information you share, (what a day in advance?) then create a group PM and problem solved. 

2 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

No, what you are doing is shilling. You are way too connected to Bulletproof for it to be seen as anything else. Even if that’s not the case, it’s how it appears. 

You honestly can’t expect every one of us to believe you pay the same prices we do being such an “insider”, so it can very easily be seen as financially motivated hype.

I do hope you can see that. If those who truly value the information you share, (what a day in advance?) then create a group PM and problem solved. 

I don’t work there and the last info I shared was about a Bulletproof competitor. When the other person stated shilling, which you quoted. If I have info I share.

you don’t want it or to buy then don’t others on here do.

Just now, Polirer said:

@Jaydogrules haters are starting again on info I’m providing. Why do they insist coming in here with nothing to add. Tearing down 667 and now the new info. Year started quiet. Now that Jan is almost over they creep out.

Jay can’t save you from your own shills and I am certainly not hating. I’m attempting to eradicate an issue within a thread I enjoy. 

We’re all well aware you’re tied to Bulletproof and very well be Dell’Otto’s #1 fanboy but we’re talking about one of the hottest modern artists out right now. Meaning we DO NOT need your “insider info”, it more than likely will be shared by others. 

3 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Got a message saying my Metal 5 virgin Dell Otto was shipped...so hopefully it was in the 10% that wasn’t damaged? :wishluck:

Yea I hope not, Hank posted on Facebook that he started printing shipping labels which would trigger the message. So your either in the 10%, or first 100. Or your label has been printed to ensure you get the best.

1 minute ago, IntoAnother said:

Jay can’t save you from your own shills and I am certainly not hating. I’m attempting to eradicate an issue within a thread I enjoy. 

We’re all well aware you’re tied to Bulletproof and very well be Dell’Otto’s #1 fanboy but we’re talking about one of the hottest modern artists out right now. Meaning we DO NOT need your “insider info”, it more than likely will be shared by others. 

Sorry I was talking to Jay and allowed you to read. 

Youll be ignored from now on

2 hours ago, Polirer said:
10 hours ago, Polirer said:

Also news from Facebook ygogolak isn’t sharing metal 6 cover preview will be on Bulletproof site tomorrow. Isn’t ygogolak such a great provider of insider info.

heres real insider info so ygogolak can stop climbing on me.

A piece of the preview of sketch from Dell’Otto compare it to tomorrow’s reveal then say I don’t have insider info. Edited it myself as to not spoil details

D56E3662-5A2B-49E4-A669-1A6472C30BEC.thumb.jpeg.e284650355b812bfee01725c065918e0.jpeg

Preview image is up at Bulletproofcomix.com go check it out. It’s a match

will ferrell i'm kind of a big deal GIF

4 minutes ago, Polirer said:

I don’t work there and the last info I shared was about a Bulletproof competitor. When the other person stated shilling, which you quoted. If I have info I share.

you don’t want it or to buy then don’t others on here do.

I am very aware that you do not work for Bulletproof.

Like I have already said, no matter your intention it does not appear innocent to several of us. So I hope you can respect the thread and take it else where. 

6 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

Hi IA! I can and will say that Polirer is definitely not a shill.  I think if he was he would have done exactly what you say- blow up my PM box with info about purchasing their variants.  Posting advance teases of images is fine, even posting when they are made available is fine.  The same thing is done in the JSC thread, are we going to accuse people who do that there of shilling for JSC?  Polirer "could" start a group PM for the more vocal people whom he knows are interested but how would that help the lurkers or the casual visitors to the boards who might have also otherwise been interested?   Yes this is an artist appreciation thread and not a sales thread,  but I don't think our friend Polirer has come anywhere near that line.  I hope we can get back to talking about books again  (of which upcoming releases are surely fair game).  2c

-J.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Hi IA! I can and will say that Polirer is definitely not a shill.  I think if he was he would have done exactly what you say- blow up my PM box with info about purchasing their variants.  Posting advance teases of images is fine, even posting when they are made available is fine.  The same thing is done in the JSC thread, are we going to accuse people who do that there of shilling for JSC?  Polirer "could" start a group PM for the more vocal people whom he knows are interested but how would that help the lurkers or the casual visitors to the boards who might have also otherwise been interested?   Yes this is an artist appreciation thread and not a sales thread,  but I don't think our friend Polirer has come anywhere near that line.  I hope we can get back to talking about books again  (of which upcoming releases are surely fair game).  2c

-J.

I value the response Jay but you and I both know you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

You may know all of his accounts he could be selling these books on but I’m sure most of us don’t. Perhaps he isn’t, but he could just as easily be building Bulletproof Dell’Otto’s inventory to sell one day. There’s just no way to know his intentions. Which is why his posting style is so often looked down upon in the modern threads. 

14 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Here are couple Dell'Otto covers I love 

Amazing Spiderman 682 ( I own this )

Spiderman 30 ( German panini variant ) im still looking for this . Obviously I'd love ASM 667 simple cover just captures Dell'Ottos spidey work so well. 

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8344.JPG

My prized Dell'Otto image is this print that came from Southern France its only one I know of . It was called " Night on the town " a rare night scene of Spiderman by Dell'Otto. It was used as cover art " The Marvel Art Of Gabriele Dell'Otto " released around 2008. The print came earlier its one of largest I have . If anyone can share anything on it I'd love the info:

IMG_8052.JPG

IMG_8086.JPG

IMG_8090.JPG

That Spidey night image print is sweet as pie.  :cloud9: I would love to own one of those or even the OA if it wasn't an arm and a leg (and I actually knew who owned it lol ). 

-J.

18 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Here are couple Dell'Otto covers I love 

Amazing Spiderman 682 ( I own this )

Spiderman 30 ( German panini variant ) im still looking for this . Obviously I'd love ASM 667 simple cover just captures Dell'Ottos spidey work so well. 

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8344.JPG

My prized Dell'Otto image is this print that came from Southern France its only one I know of . It was called " Night on the town " a rare night scene of Spiderman by Dell'Otto. It was used as cover art " The Marvel Art Of Gabriele Dell'Otto " released around 2008. The print came earlier its one of largest I have . If anyone can share anything on it I'd love the info:

IMG_8052.JPG

IMG_8086.JPG

IMG_8090.JPG

ASM 30 I want 682 I don’t own. Though I have three others from that Dell’Otto run

18 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

I value the response Jay but you and I both know you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

You may know all of his accounts he could be selling these books on but I’m sure most of us don’t. Perhaps he isn’t, but he could just as easily be building Bulletproof Dell’Otto’s inventory to sell one day. There’s just no way to know his intentions. Which is why his posting style is so often looked down upon in the modern threads. 

No other accounts. Don’t have a stockpile actually just one copy of each from Bulletproof Frankie’s those out out by Marvel and some Europeans CBSI put together a cover list and I started collecting them.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Books being rare based on whether or not they are hand signed/numbered or have production defects (double cover?) is a different conversation.  

That wolverine 35 Abo I saw the OA for that on eBay quite a while ago for  $2k.  I kind of regret not buying it then for that I just really wanted a Spider-Man piece by him at the time.  Oh well.  But I do see a half a dozen copies of that Abo version on eBay now (closed listings).  That book is not rarer than ASM 667.  The Batman covers and X men 49 you mention I'm not familiar with.  Can you post or link to an image of those ?

Polirer is right though, the Panini variants are usually in the 2000 range, the lowest I've seen was 500 for that Michael Turner supergirl book with the recycled image of her standing there naked, her cape the only thing covering her up.  

-J.

Ohhh well the Punisher museum edition ist limited to 499 copies....Spiderman 30 Dell Otto is limited to 777...Thor 1 Geman Variant is 222 or 333...then I think (really not sure right now...have to check that) the Wolverine 8 mit Heroclix is also limited to 333. So there are a few that are more limited. But I think that the french variants are useally limited to around 2000.

Ohh and I will give an update with links to the other comics...but the X-Men 49 is the original Phoenix cover that has been released a couple of days ago.

And the Alien Predator 5 MgP variant cover....I think I have never seen that in real live or on ebay :( But dont really know if itis a low limited comic.

Edited by locomat