• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You have $900, do you buy NM 98 (9.8) ASM300 (9.8) BA12 (9.6)

82 posts in this topic

Tick #1

:luhv:

Love and Rockets #1

That's a good idea. I'd really like to own a first print version, black-and-white cover.

The books suggested are too common and too speculated upon.

I'd personally grab a ASM 238 and NM 87 in 9.8. Think you could score both for around $900.

Why 238? Has there been any hints of hobgoblin?

Is a solid copper key IMO. Speculation wise I would not count out hobby in the reboot. There's a bit of meat on that bone that would play well in the reboot.

I'd personally grab a ASM 238 and NM 87 in 9.8. Think you could score both for around $900.

Is a solid copper key IMO. Speculation wise I would not count out hobby in the reboot. There's a bit of meat on that bone that would play well in the reboot.

+1

Have a feeling he's coming soon ...

That be awesome ....

From an investment perspective, none of the above.

$900 well spent at a good show and maybe some ebay lots is enough to buy sufficient inventory to become a part-time dealer in this hobby.

Granted, that involves work. And some luck. And finding underpriced books in the wild.

On the other hand, to make your money back on one of those slabs you will need to give away 2+ years of 5% annual gains once you pay ebay and paypal.

That's what I always find amusing about these real estate shows where they do some reno and now say "your house was worth $400K, you spend $50K on reno and now your house is worth $500K...you made a $50K "profit"

Well, not if you have to pay a broker (and ultimately most of the time you will...I sold my house on my own and still wound up paying the buyer's broker 3%, which is better than 6%, true) and various transfer fees/taxes, etc.

+1

Have a feeling he's coming soon ...

That be awesome ....

of course he will, he has been dormant quite a while right (has he?), so why not?

why has he been dormant?

BA12 all day every day! Venom is a over-hyped character that has already peaked. Deadpool is limited in upside due to his adult-oriented fan base.

Disagree Red!...and my 6-year old would as well. Deadpool isn't just showing up in R-rated movies. He's on a lot of the Marvel cartoons that are out now as well. He's my 6-year olds favorite character by far! He's like a funny, wise-cracking ninja with a lot of cool weapons and swords...exactly what little boys love.

I would find a TMNT #1, because let's face it TMNT #1 IS the king of the copper age.

solid advice

If you're looking for something that's going to make you money in 20 years I wouldn't look at the three you listed. I don't see them going up long term

TMNT #1 will always been a sought after book

Edited by oceanavekid

Venom will peak when someone gets him right in film. That will be the day to own a 300 investment wise.

Now that you mention it I think Deadpool's success, is going to be just the thing to give Sony the confidence to do a Venom horror tinged movie the right way. Built in Big-Bad with Carnage, who you could save for #2, and then you've got the potential of a Spidey-Venom Team up movie.

I would find a TMNT #1, because let's face it TMNT #1 IS the king of the copper age.

solid advice

If you're looking for something that's going to make you money in 20 years I wouldn't look at the three you listed. I don't see them going up long term

TMNT #1 will always been a sought after book

If I could find a 1st print Mirage TMNT in the wild for $900 of course I'd take it. I guess it was silly to set up strict rules. No worries, feel free to discuss the best use of the $900. I'm having another beer, or two, or all.

mad-at-you.gif

Edited by 5050

Much as I love Hobgoblin (and much prefer him to Venom) I think the ship on him appearing in a Spidey movie has sailed.

Basically, Sony punked out when they had Harry Osborne appear as Green Goblin 2 rather than Hobgoblin in Spider-Man 3. That was his shot & it came & went.

We've now seen Green Goblin in 3 out of 5 Spider-Man movies -- my bet is they'll go with different characters (Kraven, Mysterio, Chameleon, Vulture, even Venom again) rather than back to a Green Goblin knock-off.

Sort of like how all 4 Fantastic Four movies have had Dr. Doom. It's time to put him away for awhile.

BA12 and can you guess the six reasons I said so? GGA stands the test of time. Besides I have enough of the others and zero BA12s. In fact, if some one wants to trade a perfect raw BA12 for a perfect either of the others pm me.

BA12 all day every day! Venom is a over-hyped character that has already peaked. Deadpool is limited in upside due to his adult-oriented fan base.

Disagree Red!...and my 6-year old would as well. Deadpool isn't just showing up in R-rated movies. He's on a lot of the Marvel cartoons that are out now as well. He's my 6-year olds favorite character by far! He's like a funny, wise-cracking ninja with a lot of cool weapons and swords...exactly what little boys love.

my 4 year old sleeps with a "baby" Deadpool (as he calls him) plush toy. that's when he isn't going to bed with a Bane action figure in his hand.

Much as I love Hobgoblin (and much prefer him to Venom) I think the ship on him appearing in a Spidey movie has sailed.

Basically, Sony punked out when they had Harry Osborne appear as Green Goblin 2 rather than Hobgoblin in Spider-Man 3. That was his shot & it came & went.

We've now seen Green Goblin in 3 out of 5 Spider-Man movies -- my bet is they'll go with different characters (Kraven, Mysterio, Chameleon, Vulture, even Venom again) rather than back to a Green Goblin knock-off.

Sort of like how all 4 Fantastic Four movies have had Dr. Doom. It's time to put him away for awhile.

HATED the latest version of Harry Osborne and their re-do of GG. TERRIBLE casting. Just bad.

Liked Gwen though (I like that actress, she is weird looking, but beautiful, at the same time). P.P./Garfield is pretty annoying.

Edited by the blob

HATED the latest version of Harry Osborne and their re-do of GG. TERRIBLE casting. Just bad.

Liked Gwen though (I like that actress, she is weird looking, but beautiful, at the same time). P.P./Garfield is pretty annoying.

can we get a series of you doing quick reviews of movies, that had me rolling.