• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

So it looks like a spaceship crashes to Earth, and the symbiote is attached to it and its harvested by LIFE foundation and studied.  The movie is still what, eight months away, but I totally dig this teaser, movie looks like the parties involved are putting together something unique and special for the genre.  Totally pumped to see this (and got a little bit of nerd-wood seeing the Venom symbiote in the tube with the white-coated scientists standing behind it, definitely a major Lethal Protector vibe).

-J.

This is a great teaser.

Imagine you hadn't heard they were planning a Venom movie -- just didn't know.

So you were watching this cold in the theater -- thinking it was just a Tom Hardy mystery/drama.

And then find out at the end...it's Venom.

Blown away!

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Imagine you hadn't heard they were planning a Venom movie -- just didn't know.

So you were watching this cold in the theater -- thinking it was just a Tom Hardy mystery/drama.

And then find out at the end...it's Venom.

Do you?  I thought it just showed a big V at the end.  If I were in the scenario you just described I might be asking myself "was that Venom, or is this a film version of the "V" television series?" I might think it was Venom after seeing the symbiote-blob in the container, but because of the lack of the full word I might have been not fully sure what it actually was.

Ugh - showed the trailer to my wife and the first thing she said was "isn't Venom in Spiderman?  Where is Spiderman?"  She was not thrilled with the first viewing.

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Do you?  I thought it just showed a big V at the end.  If I were in the scenario you just described I might be asking myself "was that Venom, or is this a film version of the "V" television series?" I might think it was Venom after seeing the symbiote-blob in the container, but because of the lack of the full word I might have been not fully sure what it actually was.

Well, the V did morph out of Venom's face, but I suppose that could be missed.

14 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

This is a great teaser.

I agree 100%.  This did exactly what it was meant to do...tease.  The movie comes out in October...OCTOBER!!!

If they showed Venom right now, unfinished, we would complain about how bad it looks.  Do it right.  Don't show him until he is ready and keep building the anticipation until then.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I agree 100%. This did exactly what it was meant to do...tease. The movie comes out in October...OCTOBER!!!

If they showed Venom right now, unfinished, we would complain about how bad it looks.  Do it right.  Don't show him until he is ready and keep building the anticipation until then.

+1

-J.

A few weeks ago they were shooting on Geary Street in San Francisco at the Edinburgh Castle.  I passed by the set of the way home from work and someone said they were shooting in that bar, which is an old SF Irish pub haunt.  I thought if they are filming in the there the production designer must be either cheap or lazy because you don't need to add anything to that bar to give it character.  It's good as is.

castle.jpg