• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay sellers, Have you ever had this happen?

42 posts in this topic

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for years, But this Wednesday night I got a first. A comic sold and I sent an invoice to the buyer and wiithin minutes received this mesage and a very prompt Negative feedback.

From Buyer

So I won an item at auction and now it is no longer available for sale? I'm sure you must have just found out the author died and that's why you pulled the auction? First off, I am a very close family friend of the illustrator for this edition. I'm sure you know what this issue was for Paul... It was going to be a gift for the widow... Since you pulled the auction before I could purchase it I just wanted to say that you suck balls. I'll be sure to hit your reviews so everyone else knows as well.

So I replied this.

I did not pull the auction it ended with a 4.99 bid and I sent you an invoice? what are you talking about?

So I called Ebay and told them what happened and they told me to wait three days and file a non paying buyer on him and then if the buyer doesn't pay they will cancell the sale and delete the feedback, But if the buyer pays they said they will have to review the sale and decide to drop the feedback.

I haven't had a neg for 10 years or so and this one really pissed me off, where do these guys come from?

"So I won an item at auction and now it is no longer available for sale? I'm sure you must have just found out the author died and that's why you pulled the auction? First off, I am a very close family friend of the illustrator for this edition. I'm sure you know what this issue was for Paul... It was going to be a gift for the widow... Since you pulled the auction before I could purchase it I just wanted to say that you suck balls. I'll be sure to hit your reviews so everyone else knows as well."

Classy!

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for years, But this Wednesday night I got a first. A comic sold and I sent an invoice to the buyer and wiithin minutes received this mesage and a very prompt Negative feedback.

From Buyer

So I won an item at auction and now it is no longer available for sale? I'm sure you must have just found out the author died and that's why you pulled the auction? First off, I am a very close family friend of the illustrator for this edition. I'm sure you know what this issue was for Paul... It was going to be a gift for the widow... Since you pulled the auction before I could purchase it I just wanted to say that you suck balls. I'll be sure to hit your reviews so everyone else knows as well.

So I replied this.

I did not pull the auction it ended with a 4.99 bid and I sent you an invoice? what are you talking about?

So I called Ebay and told them what happened and they told me to wait three days and file a non paying buyer on him and then if the buyer doesn't pay they will cancell the sale and delete the feedback, But if the buyer pays they said they will have to review the sale and decide to drop the feedback.

I haven't had a neg for 10 years or so and this one really pissed me off, where do these guys come from?

He (?) couldn't have left you negative feedback if he hadn't won the auction. Either he is inept, or he's trying to be cute and lay the groundwork for backing out of the transaction...equally bizarre.

From Buyer

So I replied this.

a few days?? It should be taken off immediately

Call ebay again until you get a person that will take it off ASAP

From Buyer

So I replied this.

a few days?? It should be taken off immediately

Call ebay again until you get a person that will take it off ASAP

+1 - as soon as they use vulgar language - or neg feedback threats - you can get it removed.

From Buyer

So I replied this.

He (?) couldn't have left you negative feedback if he hadn't won the auction. Either he is inept, or he's trying to be cute and lay the groundwork for backing out of the transaction...equally bizarre.

Right. He must have won the auction.

Scammer.