• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOBO is a go for real!
3 3

160 posts in this topic

There is a new DC event mini that has Booster and Harley killing the other heroes off now, right? Maybe there will be some buzz for the character.

I still think the new Bat-related characters that have appeared from the 80s until now are likely the best bets long term. I can't believe that none of us have listed the most obvious one........doh!

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

There is a new DC event mini that has Booster and Harley killing the other heroes off now, right? Maybe there will be some buzz for the character.

I still think the new Bat-related characters that have appeared from the 80s until now are likely the best bets long term. I can't believe that none of us have listed the most obvious one........doh!

hm

Bats #357 is a good choice as well, but in terms of staying power and overall character popularity, I would argue that this Bat-related character from the 80s is second to only Harley in popularity/relevance for DC:

1088408771_cgcTeenTitans44CdnA.thumb.jpg.2fbfb5bbadf43a16aae264351f3ed01f.jpg

4 hours ago, kimik said:

Bats #357 is a good choice as well, but in terms of staying power and overall character popularity, I would argue that this Bat-related character from the 80s is second to only Harley in popularity/relevance for DC:

1088408771_cgcTeenTitans44CdnA.thumb.jpg.2fbfb5bbadf43a16aae264351f3ed01f.jpg

Technically though it`s Richard Grayson with just a new costume. Wouldn't consider Nightwing a new character. Just Robin grown up.

:foryou:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Not me. Lobo`s the main man.

I'd be interested to see a Lobo movie but he's never been one of my favourite characters. To be perfectly honest, the only reason I stopped by this thread in the first place was I couldn't believe someone would actually make a Lobo movie. Two and a half years in, I think it's unlikely to ever get off the ground.

9 hours ago, rabidwolf said:

Article that Jason Momoa wants the villain in Aquaman 2 to be Lobo.

looks like he may be doing double duty if that were the case 

Now THAT would be interesting.

'Aquaman's Jason Momoa Wants Lobo in the Sequel

Lobo in Young Justice Season Two was a tease how awesome this character could be in a film.

‘Krypton’ Spinoff Featuring DC’s Lobo in Development at Syfy

dc-comics-lobo.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1

Comics’ “ultimate bastich” is coming to TV.

NBCUniversal’s Syfy network said it would develop a new series featuring the DC Comics character Lobo with Warner Horizon Scripted Television. The alien bounty hunter, originally created as a spoof of ultra-violent figures from rival Marvel like Wolverine or The Punisher, makes an appearance in the second season of Syfy’s “Krypton,” which debuts Wednesday on the network. Lobo has long been portrayed as one of the strongest and most dangerous characters in the DC Universe — and one of its most foul-mouthed (“bastich” is one of the character’s favorite epithets).

Cameron Welsh, executive producer of “Krypton,” will serve as executive producer and writer of the new series. Emmett J. Scanlan plays the character in “Krypton,” and is expected to star as the character in the spin-off.

Lobo first appeared in the comics in 1983, introduced as a villain. Over time, however, he became a hero, albeit one who did not use the most honorable methods. DC even gave the character his own comic book between 1993 and 1999.

Syfy has a number of series in development, including “Chucky,” “The Woods,” “Night Gallery,” “Wayward Children,’ “The Raven Cycle” and “Death Is My BFF.”