• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOBO is a go for real!
3 3

160 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

Because SyFy has shallow pockets and they cancel shows. It's what they do (see Expanse).

Better to be picked up by Amazon or Netflix.

I get your points now. Thank you! :foryou:

Sad that The Expanse had to move in order to live on.

During a recent interview at Justice Con, Bautista was asked by a fan to name a DC character he would like to play. At first, Bautista goes with the Batman supervillain Bane but soon his more definitive answer falls on the interstellar mercenary Lobo:

"I would really take a look at Lobo. I'd really be interested. I'd be all over that."

Plans to bring Lobo to the big screen have been in the works at Warner Bros. for more than a decade. Guy Ritchie was attached to direct a live-action Lobo movie at one point but those plans eventually fell through. Back in 2012, Dwayne Johnson was in talks with Warner Bros. to possibly play the role with Brad Peyton directing but ultimately walked away from that DC property for another when he became attached to play Black Adam. Lastly, Michael Bay was reportedly in talks to bring his signature excess of big explosions to a Lobo project but the project ended languishing in development hell.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has his eyes set on playing DC's intergalactic bounty hunter Lobo. The Walking Dead star first expressed his interest in starring as DC's antihero Lobo back in 2009 when a potential film was first announced. However, the project never came to fruition and now over a decade and many comic book roles later, Morgan still hasn't gotten his desired role.

Throughout the years DC has made several attempts to bring Lobo to the big screen. In 2012, megastar Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was lined up to star in the film as the titular character, while blockbuster names like Guy Ritchie, Michael Bay, and Deadpool director Tim Miller have all been attached to helm the project in the past. More recently, Guardians of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista threw his name into the hat of potential actors to star in the role. Despite all of this interest from some of Hollywood's finest, DC has yet to fully commit to pulling the trigger on the film.

While promoting his new film The Unholy in an interview with CinePOP, Morgan expressed his continued interest in playing Lobo. It's a role he's been chasing for over a decade. The actor even teased that he might potentially have something in the works for the role of the "Main Man."

"I like Lobo a lot. I really wanted to do Lobo for a long time, but we'll see. We'll see. I have something maybe cooking and I'll let you know soon if that turns out to be, but I love the world of comic books and hope that I get to stay playing in this world for a long time."

On 8/11/2018 at 4:14 PM, Oddball said:

No to the Rock. Even though I used to be a Rock hater (for his acting) I came around after watching a season of Ballers.  And I'm not a football fan at all. But still, no to Lobo.  I don't care for Momoa but he seems to have been born to play Lobo.

Quoting myself again. Still not a fan of Momoa but it would be a crime to cast anyone else but him as Lobo.

10 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Follow up...arrived!!!

Now I just need for the movie to be announced...sell it for $1,000,000...retire.

***Always wanted this book

1511630460_OmegaMen31.1.jpg.36681ed6d94bddd8933bb3cadd868b64.jpg

Great book!

And good luck. I sat on a trio of 9.8s and 15 or so raw NM/Ms for *years* waiting for a movie.

Gone now, but dang...I think it'd work best as a Netflix show.

11 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Follow up...arrived!!!

Now I just need for the movie to be announced...sell it for $1,000,000...retire.

***Always wanted this book

1511630460_OmegaMen31.1.jpg.36681ed6d94bddd8933bb3cadd868b64.jpg

Have always loved seeing this book in collections. Such a surprisingly wild and fun character. Omega Men #37's backup story 'Partners' is one of my favorites from the early appearances. simple, yet all Lobo.

RCO026_1469630718.thumb.jpg.dbc239db6c18fe69a456c668a70118a6.jpg

1309349549_RCO027_1469630718(1).thumb.jpg.c06c354f0d459c0343018deeb15db3ea.jpg

I’m not sure if modern society would allow a Bisley-era Lobo to exist. Half the dialogue in those issues would land a lawsuit on your face nowadays, especially calling women “broads”.

But, there would be nothing finer than a Kris Kringle knife fight on the big screen. A Lobo movie, no matter how sanitized would still rate pretty high on the Lobometer.