• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

The intro of WW was great.............. ^^

Agreed.....plus I love any movie with Batman in it.....he is by far my favorite superhero of all time!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one that got enjoyment out of it. It seems like the expectations are a bit high for what makes a fun superhero movie. Growing up in the 70s and 80s, a movie like this would have been really, really special. Especially compared to the 1990 Captain America movie!

:fear:

Low bar, I know, but this wasn't really that bad, IMHO.

Agreed.....plus I love any movie with Batman in it.....he is by far my favorite superhero of all time!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one that got enjoyment out of it. It seems like the expectations are a bit high for what makes a fun superhero movie. Growing up in the 70s and 80s, a movie like this would have been really, really special. Especially compared to the 1990 Captain America movie!

Agreed....no movie will make everyone happy.

you cannot compare them....here the budget was unlimited so to speak and the product was by rotten tomatoes 27%...for money the worst movie ever made of course this is one of the most expensive if movies ever made at an admitted 275 million dollars..for what no Brando, Hackman, and Reeve and heck I am taking about a film back in the day 40 or more years old. Zack is hack at 275 million and the greatest miscast in the history of superman villains and at 275 million they could have had ANYBODY in the business.

Edited by Mmehdy

you cannot compare them....here the budget was unlimited so to speak and the product was by rotten tomatoes 27%...for money the worst movie ever made of course this is one of the most expensive if movies ever made at an admitted 275 million dollars..for what no Brando, Hackman, and Reeve and heck I am taking about a film back in the day 40 or more years old. Zack is hack at 275 million and the greatest miscast in the history of superman villains and at 275 million they could have had ANYBODY in the business.

Your review has my vote, Mitch. The Super-turkey franchise smells of Snyder poop left over from his first stroll through Smallville and CGI demolition of Metropolis. I tried to watch BvS and couldn't stomach it on PPV. In some ways it wasn't as bad or as condescending as the first which I agonized through in a theater.

But never fear, I'll try again, next time with alcohol. :insane:

Also, I'll give Wonder Woman every chance to break away from this chain of misogynistic miscues (the teasers look good), but Warners management needs to start exerting more control over their heavy-handed, darkly drawn superhero productions.

Warner's production teams need to develop some interconnective rhythm with their DC properties in spite of the fan-buoyed Zack Snyder supporters who worship at the alter of false profits. Some true believers will deny every proven fact ...even the evidence of their own eyes... and ignore the public & critical consensus as long as their favorite characters get green-lighted for more more of the same. I suppose it's the right of filmgoers to hold whatever opinion they choose about any movie or series, but that doesn't mean that folks are entitled to alternative facts.

Mitch, does anybody really watch a movie and then ask how much did it cost to make before doing a cost/benefit analysis over dollars spent? I mean outside of movie Industry people?

I really don't care how much a movie costs to make. I care whether or not it was entertaining. That's all. Plus, I love the original Superman movies with Brando and Reeves. But I wasn't comparing it to those. How about we compare it to Superman 3 or 4? Because those were definitely awesome, right? (shrug) I'm just saying, it's not that bad in the scheme of bad comic book movies.

Just the build up to this movie was fun as a comic book guy. No it was not great at the end Lot of Death and flat land. I would think all these years of Superman movies hm and all the cars thrown hm yet No one dies that you see is really unreal. (shrug) If you look back.Zack just showed what would really happen if it was real?. I likes it better than Mad Max Fury road :devil:

I just want to say I enjoyed the movie, although it was a little loud at times. As for rotten tomatoes and any other reviewer site, they have no idea what the audience likes. One of my favorite comedies is "Clifford" with Martin Short, and the tomato score is 9%, while audience approval is 67%. Audience approval for Bats vs. Supes was 64%. This is why I pay no attention to what critics say or write. Not every movie can be Citizen Kane, but if it holds your interest and entertains you it is a good movie.

Of course, I even enjoyed Superman 4...so...ya know... lol

I just want to say I enjoyed the movie, although it was a little loud at times. As for rotten tomatoes and any other reviewer site, they have no idea what the audience likes. One of my favorite comedies is "Clifford" with Martin Short, and the tomato score is 9%, while audience approval is 67%. Audience approval for Bats vs. Supes was 64%. This is why I pay no attention to what critics say or write. Not every movie can be Citizen Kane, but if it holds your interest and entertains you it is a good movie.

Of course, I even enjoyed Superman 4...so...ya know... lol

doh!

Folks let be real..lets call a dog a dog when it really was..you have factor in the "unlimited checkbook" to see the true level of incompetence.....Folks Mr bedrock could have made a better movie with only 100 million, David at 50 mil....this was the BIGGEST WASTE OF 275 MILLIONS DOLLARS PLUS MARKETING COSTS ETC. ever in

the history of motion pictures. For what...really Zack is a Sad Sack and folks...I respect and like "heaven gate" which I own a copy of the blue ray directors cut .... and heck "Gator" could have been a better Luthor.

Edited by Mmehdy

Folks let be real..lets call a dog a dog when it really was..you have factor in the "unlimited checkbook" to see the true level of incompetence.....Folks Mr bedrock could have made a better movie with only 100 million, David at 50 mil....this was the BIGGEST WASTE OF 275 MILLIONS DOLLARS PLUS MARKETING COSTS ETC. ever in

the history of motion pictures. For what...really Zack is a Sad Sack and folks...I respect and like "heaven gate" which I own a copy of the blue ray directors cut .... and heck "Gator" could have been a better Luthor.

:headbang:

Well, to all you old farts out there.......if you didn't like Bats vs. Supes, do you think it's safe to give Riverdale a try?

Certainly doesn't seem like the good old Archie that we all know from the past 70+ years. Archie apparently having an affair with Miss Grundy is starting to sound like Gwen Stacy with Norman Osborne here. Apparently, she doesn't look like our Miss Grundy at all. :flamed:lol

Seriously though, the show is apparently not too bad and draws you in almost immediately with a completely different take on Archie. Much more closer to Afterlife with Archie as opposed to the Archie we are all so used to. (shrug)

Haven't watch it yet myself since it's been recorded on my PVR, awaiting your reviews first. hm

Well, to all you old farts out there.......if you didn't like Bats vs. Supes, do you think it's safe to give Riverdale a try?

Certainly doesn't seem like the good old Archie that we all know from the past 70+ years. Archie apparently having an affair with Miss Grundy is starting to sound like Gwen Stacy with Norman Osborne here. Apparently, she doesn't look like our Miss Grundy at all. :flamed:lol

Seriously though, the show is apparently not too bad and draws you in almost immediately with a completely different take on Archie. Much more closer to Afterlife with Archie as opposed to the Archie we are all so used to. (shrug)

Haven't watch it yet myself since it's been recorded on my PVR, awaiting your reviews first. hm

Is zach directing that...if so the show had better have a budget of 300 million per episode ...

lol. Why does Bedrock need twice the budget that David needs to make a better movie?

Oh alright then. Your review is a dog.

my review was spot on at the time....the biggest waste of 275 million and its closer to 295 Million and its probably more thats what they admitted to...you have become " NUMB TO DUMB'...accepting total pretty special effects pile of DUNG for what a real movie, with heart is. I venture to say that I or even you could have done a much better job with the -script, acting etc ..now we don't have carmine infantino's original superman here which Puzo stole the credit for and it should of be shared....that is the movie which really jump started it all.. Please stop being numb to dumb dung that the masses have come to accept ..Donners superman and as you are aware...they took one movie and divided it into two to make more money...if combined superman one and two it would be the greatest superhero movie ever made up today also.

lets take Doctor Strange...a super hero movie who took a chance.. with a real -script and actors at a little over half the price ,now that is what I am taking about......Sup V Bat...are you kidding me.....and the special added 30 minutes did not change anything in my book, it was however better Dung.

Sir with all due respect please RASIE you standards...

Side note Carmine's wasDC publisher at the time, Puzo knows nothing about superman and so Carmin flies out and spends a week and wrote the story for Mario and taught mario , all the phantom zone stuff, origin etc..they totally screwed him out of the screen credit which would have cost the production company one million, Puzo also had his crew of other writers also. They fired him....his name SHOULD BE ON THAT MOVIE...

Edited by Mmehdy

my review was spot on at the time....the biggest waste of 275 million and its closer to 295 Million and its probably more thats what they admitted to...you have become " NUMB TO DUMB'...accepting total pretty special effects pile of DUNG for what a real movie, with heart is. I venture to say that I or even you could have done a much better job with the -script, acting etc ..now we don't have carmine infantino's original superman here which Puzo stole the credit for and it should of be shared....that is the movie which really jump started it all.. Please stop being numb to dumb dung that the masses have come to accept ..Donners superman and as you are aware...they took one movie and divided it into two to make more money...if combined superman one and two it would be the greatest superhero movie ever made up today also.

lets take Doctor Strange...a super hero movie who took a chance.. with a real -script and actors at a little over half the price ,now that is what I am taking about......Sup V Bat...are you kidding me.....and the special added 30 minutes did not change anything in my book, it was however better Dung.

My standards are just fine thank you. But I humbly suggest that you raise you I.Q.

My standards are just fine thank you. But I humbly suggest that you raise you I.Q.

"show me the money"....what is your review....

Woof!

Mitch's review may not scoop your poop, but as informed dogma goes, I'll tag his entry a canine out of ten. (thumbs u

There's just no contest judging Marvel Studio's well groomed kennel of winners against Zack consistently screwing the pooch. ;)

"show me the money"....what is your review....

If you give your review, I'll give mine. So far, all I have seen from you is borderline incoherent ranting, largely about dung and budgets. Try a little harder and maybe I'll increase my own input.