• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,167 posts in this topic

OK, I have seen facsimile editions with a different cover price. I thought they just did a few of these fake copies 15 years ago for some SA books, they're doing more? What a great way to help people defraud other people. And now you basically can't look at a group photo of a comic lot and have any confidence those are the real books.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

OK, I have seen facsimile editions with a different cover price. I thought they just did a few of these fake copies 15 years ago for some SA books, they're doing more? What a great way to help people defraud other people. And now you basically can't look at a group photo of a comic lot and have any confidence those are the real books.

New Mutants #98 has been getting a lot of chatter online as the facsimile is selling for over $100 regularly in listings that does not mention it's a reprint. But for those of us familiar with the book, it's very easy to tell. But it appears there are an astounding number of people that don't realize this.

4203666-nm98nm96m101.jpg.4b355d2553e5bb3628d3a9a06661a300.jpgSTL124289.jpg.533ef127eb42fd6f7c5f79c8c4d17e6b.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Mutants-98-NM-Marvel-First-Appearance-of-Deadpool-Domino-1991-Rp-/174068708394?hash=item28874db42a%3Ag%3AuwEAAOSwM0VdqQI9&nma=true&si=pSm8RTdW%2Bz8fojfen%2BQmTf6v2FQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Mutants-98-NM-Marvel-First-Appearance-of-Deadpool-Domino-1991-/123936661803?hash=item1cdb33612b%3Ag%3A8HcAAOSwgvxdfxEk&nma=true&si=pSm8RTdW%2Bz8fojfen%2BQmTf6v2FQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-98-1st-Appearance-Deadpool-NM-NM-Rob-Liefeld-Domino-Cable-App-/113919779956?hash=item1a8625e474%3Ag%3A2t4AAOSwo79deUoP&nma=true&si=pSm8RTdW%2Bz8fojfen%2BQmTf6v2FQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I accidentally listed a book in my store not realizing it was a promoted listing with a hefty promotion fee (I used a promoted item as a template). I immediately got an offer and accepted. Now the buyer is trying to weasel out, citing bills, etc. Fine, I don't care. While I know I would get my regular fees back for a cancellation, do I get my promotional fees back?

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:37 PM, ygogolak said:

It appears the previews ad for Marvel Spotlight #12 still had the 20 cent cover price image. But the actual released version has a $3.99 price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SON-OF-SATAN-MARVEL-SPOTLIGHT-12-FACSIMILE-EDITION-NM-2019-REPRINT/174042548919?hash=item2885be8ab7:g:iC4AAOSwhe9dioze:sc:USPSFirstClass!44303!US!-1

OK, I don't have a problem if it has a big fat "$3.99" on the cover. As for the NM 98 I just can't fathom the stupidity of the people bidding these up. Reminds me of people paying money for the Fantasy Masterpieces 1 Silver Surfer book.

Well, I like the bulk label printer...that's nice...EXCEPT the labels no longer say which item they are for in the part I cut off. So now I have to go back on line to check which label is for what, almost guaranteeing a mistake every 100 or so labels.

Hello all! So umm, not sure if this is the right place to ask this but... I am looking to buy a Savage She-Hulk #1 off e-bay and eventually get it graded, however I have never baught a comic which is over like, £15 before, so before I do I just wanted to ask if there where any tips on what to look out for? Like, I have noticed the covers seem to be cut diffrently on some of the issues on sale. Like, more will be missing off one side then it is on another. Is this just printing thing? Sorry for all this! I just wanna make sure I do not buy a fake or anything...

15 hours ago, Valamist said:

Hello all! So umm, not sure if this is the right place to ask this but... I am looking to buy a Savage She-Hulk #1 off e-bay and eventually get it graded, however I have never baught a comic which is over like, £15 before, so before I do I just wanted to ask if there where any tips on what to look out for? Like, I have noticed the covers seem to be cut diffrently on some of the issues on sale. Like, more will be missing off one side then it is on another. Is this just printing thing? Sorry for all this! I just wanna make sure I do not buy a fake or anything...

yeah, there are variations to cut and wrap. this would not have been a book worth trimming until about 5 minutes ago. with that said, if you are presented with a perfect raw copy someone is claiming is a 9.8 and wants $100+ for it, you have to consider a trim a possibility if the book doesn't look right. It has now gotten to the point where these shenanigans may be worth it.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

yeah, there are variations to cut and wrap. this would not have been a book worth trimming until about 5 minutes ago. with that said, if you are presented with a perfect raw copy someone is claiming is a 9.8 and wants $100+ for it, you have to consider a trim a possibility if the book doesn't look right. It has now gotten to the point where these shenanigans may be worth it.

I see. Thanks! I will keep a look out. I just want to make sure I do not buy say, a forgery or somthing! (Are forgerys a thing in comics?)

10 hours ago, cigars&comix said:
10 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

i didnt even know 9.9 existed. i mean how much better can it be than a 9.8.?? this hobby is getting out of hand.

I was going to bid on that book but the shipping was ridiculous. :whatthe:

On 11/5/2019 at 9:50 AM, cigars&comix said:

i didnt even know 9.9 existed. i mean how much better can it be than a 9.8.?? this hobby is getting out of hand.

For that price, the cover should be white, not yellow.