• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new 52 detective comics 27

9 posts in this topic

It's a great cover as I just saw it after looking it up. It's not my favorite Capullo cover though. That is batman 3 for me.

So to me no.

Would most people say it is the best, no. But I do think the original art for this would look quite amazing and be super cool to own

Question for the board. Is the Capulla Detective 27 cover the best cover of all time?

I looked at it for the first time after seeing your post... I assume we're talking about this one.

In my honest opinion, the image on its own is absolutely stunning, but it's marred somewhat by the logos and type scattered around the cover which don't really mesh well with it. This is when the kind of restraint practiced by the editors of the French Superman/Batman Dell'Otto cover would have really come in handy. The image, while great as is, would be a lot more striking with less clutter. 2c

Question for the board. Is the Capulla Detective 27 cover the best cover of all time?

I looked at it for the first time after seeing your post... I assume we're talking about this one.

In my honest opinion, the image on its own is absolutely stunning, but it's marred somewhat by the logos and type scattered around the cover which don't really mesh well with it. This is when the kind of restraint practiced by the editors of the French Superman/Batman Dell'Otto cover would have really come in handy. The image, while great as is, would be a lot more striking with less clutter. 2c

Yep. (thumbs u

It really hurts me when publishers cover a great cover with - especially ads for films. People buying comics already know these films are out - preaching to the converted, so using 1/10 of the cover with a horrible banner at the top is a sin

Anyway I also love this cover, but do prefer Faboks 1:100 variant cover