• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

I think he may be finding the corporate oversight of the Batman character within the DCEU to be oppressive, and right or wrong he is the linchpin that will determin if the DCEU makes it.  He was pointed out to be the best part of BvS, and Justice League at this point will again hing on him, more than any other actor.  The bar for Affleck has been set very high at this point.  This leads to things like second guessing the --script, directing, and even not wanting to do the movie.  This is resulting in the conflicting reports from Affleck and WB about where the movie is presently. If this does not go well, it will affect his reputation, and whether he has redeemed himself after DD.

Furthermore, he does not really need the work or money at this point.  He has the luxury of taking the parts he wants, and doing things that he will enjoy.  So any movie that becomes too stressful, and is not bringing him satisfaction, may not be worth it.

Edited by drotto

12 hours ago, drotto said:

I think he may be finding the corporate oversight of the Batman character within the DCEU to be oppressive, and right or wrong he is the linchpin that will determin if the DCEU makes it.  He was pointed out to be the best part of BvS, and Justice League at this point will again hing on him, more than any other actor.  The bar for Affleck has been set very high at this point.  This leads to things like second guessing the ---script, directing, and even not wanting to do the movie.  This is resulting in the conflicting reports from Affleck and WB about where the movie is presently. If this does not go well, it will affect his reputation, and whether he has redeemed himself after DD.

Furthermore, he does not really need the work or money at this point.  He has the luxury of taking the parts he wants, and doing things that he will enjoy.  So any movie that becomes too stressful, and is not bringing him satisfaction, may not be worth it.

Why did he take the part then?Surely he knows about stress being in Hollywood for over 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Why did he take the part then?

He thought he was going to be in movies that were critically acclaimed like the Nolan Batmans or the post-Avengers Marvel movies.  Turns out he wasn't so he's got to want out.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

He thought he was going to be in movies that were critically acclaimed like the Nolan Batmans or the post-Avengers Marvel movies.  Turns out he wasn't so he's got to want out.

In addition, I do not think he has ever experienced the amount of stress and pressure that is coming down from the WB executives, especially after the BvS critical reception.  Affleck thought he was just going to play Batman, and he knows what it is like working on "normal" films. Instead, he is being asked almost daily by the press how things are going, and probably hears often from WB how much they need him to make these movies great.  Yes, he has made movies before, but I doubt he has ever had this amount of scrutiny and constant pressure.  The stakes are much higher than he has ever experienced, and at this point in his life and career does he need that much aggravation and stress.  Simply, it is not what he thought it would be.

On 2017-02-15 at 10:49 AM, drotto said:

In addition, I do not think he has ever experienced the amount of stress and pressure that is coming down from the WB executives, especially after the BvS critical reception.  Affleck thought he was just going to play Batman, and he knows what it is like working on "normal" films. Instead, he is being asked almost daily by the press how things are going, and probably hears often from WB how much they need him to make these movies great.  Yes, he has made movies before, but I doubt he has ever had this amount of scrutiny and constant pressure.  The stakes are much higher than he has ever experienced, and at this point in his life and career does he need that much aggravation and stress.  Simply, it is not what he thought it would be.

OR it is just a silly rumor :wink:

Matt Reeves backs off the batman

Reeves entered into discussions with Warner Bros. just a week ago, but according to THR, studio sources now say Reeves has exited those discussions. There isn't currently a reason listed as to why the two couldn't reach a deal, but those same sources also say that talks could resume after cooler heads prevail.

Whether it was agreement on money, creative control, or approval of the -script, it's hard to pin down why there would be that much animosity between the two so quickly. The studio won't simply wait on Reeves to come around though and is intent on filling the position as quickly as possible.

I think WB's needs back off on trying to rush on making the Batman movie so fast Reeves can make something special. I think it has to be there trying to rush the movie without letting reeves finish final touch up the new ape's film.

4 hours ago, kagenish said:

I think WB's needs back off on trying to rush on making the Batman movie so fast Reeves can make something special. I think it has to be there trying to rush the movie without letting reeves finish final touch up the new ape's film.

Is it getting to the where there is smoke there is fire point yet?

8 hours ago, drotto said:

Is it getting to the where there is smoke there is fire point yet?

The Hollywood Reporter has received confirmation that Reeves has indeed exited negotiations, but their story also adds that there is still a small possibility that talks could eventually resume down the line when both sides have some time to cool down.

Could actually be a negotiation tactic to make Warner Bros. feel the heat as time ticks along. Smart move in order to ensure he has more say what is going on versus the actor also being the producer calling the shots. Sounds like a director that wants to make sure he truly is leading the production, and not a puppet.

19 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

This might be why Ben Affleck is having issues.

http://pagesix.com/2017/02/17/ben-afflecks-life-is-falling-apart/

Page Six 'news'? I guess the Enquirer was busy that day.

:baiting:

But his gambling addiction has come up more years than during the Batman v Superman period.  And his marriage problems due to the nanny seems self-inflicted for sure. Unless the excuse, "I tripped on the carpet and next thing you know, there I was on top of the nanny."

:insane:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Page Six 'news'? I guess the Enquirer was busy that day.

:baiting:

But his gambling addiction has come up more years than during the Batman v Superman period.  And his marriage problems due to the nanny seems self-inflicted for sure. Unless the excuse, "I tripped on the carpet and next thing you know, there I was on top of the nanny."

lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

This should have been the hint there may be some bumps in the road. Wish I had seen this review beforehand.

At least for Peter Rosenthal from The Onion. :insane:

Edited by Bosco685

46 minutes ago, Gatsby771 said:

Sorry, Bosco.

Hard to spin two directors dropping out within 3 weeks.

But you go, man. Keep trying!

This is beginning to look The Flash.

But don't worry - it's got a long way to go before it becomes James Cameron's Spider-Man or Tim Burton's Superman Lives...

Sorry Gatsby.

But The Hollywood Reporter throwing in that extra detail the two parties could come back together was different than 'both parties walked away'. The former is a comment not commonly plugged in such situations.

You keep spinning though, you Public Relations Master. The Special Forces of the business world.