• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kimik said:

zzz

Yet another Catwoman. Wake me when they finally cast a new Poison Ivy.

Yeah, after seeing Catwoman as recently as Dark Knight Rises you'd think they would shine the light on a different villain. 

Definitely. Maybe step out of the past movies and tackle some other villains/supporting characters first? Look at what the Gotham TV show did to expand the set of characters. They can do the same thing over time with the films to broaden the Batworld.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Definitely. Maybe step out of the past movies and tackle some other villains/supporting characters first? Look at what the Gotham TV show did to expand the set of characters. They can do the same thing over time with the films to broaden the Batworld.

And you only have to play the Arkham games to see how refreshing and interesting they made The Riddler compared to the awful Jim Carrey portrayal.

Robert Pattinson has discussed playing Batman in Matt Reeves' aptly named The Batman. The former Twilight actor – who has enjoyed critical success thanks to his roles in Good Time, High Life and, most recently, The Lighthouse – is returning to blockbusters for the superhero outing.

“It’s an entirely different experience from the movies I’ve been doing,” the actor told The New York Times. “Normally I shoot six weeks, and now it’s six months!”

Speaking about being skeptical of actors who play the hero, Pattison clarified that he believes Batman "not a hero". He continued: "He’s a complicated character. I don’t think I could ever play a real hero — there’s always got to be something a little bit wrong. I think it’s because one of my eyes is smaller than the other one."

Asked about why he wants to work with director Matt Reeves, the actor said he "loves" the filmmaker. "[Batman]’s a dope character," he said. "His morality is a little bit off. He’s not the golden boy, unlike almost every other comic-book character. There is a simplicity to his worldview, but where it sits is strange, which allows you to have more scope with the character."

25 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

doh!

If you reflect back on Justice League: Tower of Babel (Justice League: Doom with the DCAU), Batman keeping secret files how he would take out every major team-member if they ever became a threat is pretty dark and gangster-like. While shaking their hands as friends he was calculating their weakness.

Which is why at times Justice League members have had conflicts with Bruce Wayne, as his methodology is not always 'hero-like' consistently. So this may be what Pattinson is referencing.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

If you reflect back on Justice League: Tower of Babel (Justice League: Doom with the DCAU), Batman keeping secret files how he would take out every major team-member if they ever became a threat is pretty dark and gangster-like. While shaking their hands as friends he was calculating their weakness.

Which is why at times Justice League members have had conflicts with Bruce Wayne, as his methodology is not always 'hero-like' consistently. So this may be what Pattinson is referencing.

Batman is a damn hero, though.

"A wise king never seeks out war. but he must always be ready for it."

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Batman is a damn hero, though.

"A wise king never seeks out war. but he must always be ready for it."

I hear you. His statement may have been quoted excessive 'Batman is never a hero' which I don't think this is what Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson really mean here.

Heck, Matt Reeves is a Batman reader and fan. There is no way he is going to make Batman a villain.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I hear you. His statement may have been quoted excessive 'Batman is never a hero' which I don't think this is what Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson really mean here.

Heck, Matt Reeves is a Batman reader and fan. There is no way he is going to make Batman a villain.

Wouldn't surprise me if they turned Batman into a villain, people love the villains, but to be honest he is the quintessential anti hero

Batman is the smartest superhero there is, and he has been doing it since childhood with unlimited financial resorces

8 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

It's always a good sign when they put a BUNCH of villains in-- jam that three hour sucker full of the whole rogues gallery!   It worked so well for every film past Burton's BATMAN. ;)

I agree. They need 1 great villain. Look at The Dark Knight Trilogy (Al Ghul, Joker, and Bane) and Man of Steel. DC's strength over Marvel is that they have great villains to pair up against their unique heroes. They need to exploit that IMO.

40 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

It's always a good sign when they put a BUNCH of villains in-- jam that three hour sucker full of the whole rogues gallery!   It worked so well for every film past Burton's BATMAN. ;)

27 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I agree. They need 1 great villain. Look at The Dark Knight Trilogy (Al Ghul, Joker, and Bane) and Man of Steel. DC's strength over Marvel is that they have great villains to pair up against their unique heroes. They need to exploit that IMO.

Joel Schumacher directed both Batman & Robin and Batman Forever, which was the root of the issues with the two films leading to his apology years later about how he approached the films to make them campy.

Joel Schumacher apologizes for 'Batman & Robin'

It's been 20 years, but the director of "Batman & Robin" is really sorry.

Outspoken fans of the DC Comics franchise objected to pretty much everything in the 1997 movie -- from the casting of George Clooney as Batman to the nipples on his bat suit. In a recent interview with Vice, "Batman & Robin" director Joel Schumacher offered up a mea culpa.

"I want to apologize to every fan that was disappointed because I think I owe them that," he said.

Schumacher took full responsibility for the film landing with a fizzle.

"A lot of it was my choice," he said. "No one is responsible for my mistakes but me."

It had nothing to do with the amount of characters that appeared. Though if you want to convince yourself of that, have at it. 

Edited by Bosco685