• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALICE COOPER s/s op - Marvel Premiere #50 and Last Temptation

14 posts in this topic

Since announcing that I've got an Alice Cooper signing at Chiller next week, I've been getting several PM's asking if I have any Marvel Premiere #50 for this event.

Well, after MUCH scouring, I have been able to acquire some nice high grade copies.

Here's what I have, like all my other pre-sale s/s ops, I've got a small handful of 9.8 (and 9.6) candidates.

Looking at GPA, the last few copies of MP 50 in 9.8 s/s Alice Cooper have sold in the $650 range.

I've got only TWO candidates for 9.8 s/s Alice Cooper, at $500 each. - $450

These prices include all costs---Alice Cooper signature fee, the actual cost of the book purchased, fast track grading (NEW HOLDERS!), shipping, invoice, etc.

I've also got TWO candidates for 9.6 s/s Cooper. I'm asking $300 $250 each on these, and again, that's all inclusive of all costs.

And finally, ONE candidate for 9.4 s/s Cooper. Asking $200 for this one. $175

Finally, I have three slabs (see below) of LAST TEMPTATION, the Alice Cooper based comic that Marvel did back in the early 1990s.

Issue #1 CGC 9.8 s/s artist Dave McKean

Add Alice Cooper, FT grading, etc. - $300

Issue #2 CGC 9.6 s/s Dave McKean

Add Alice Cooper, FT grading, etc. - $225

issue #3 CGC 9.2 s/s Dave McKean

Add Alice Cooper, FT grading, etc - $150

mp50.jpg

last1.jpg

last2.jpg

last3.jpg

Okay---so the Chiller signings went very well---I was VERY impressed with how fast the lines moved on Friday.

Not so much on Saturday.

Line for Meatloaf on Friday---about an hour.

On Saturday---3 hours +

Line for Alice Cooper on Friday wasn't terrible----but on Saturday it was worse.

Weird Al line was a breeze. NO LINE.

On Friday.

On Saturday, good luck.

And on Saturday, good luck getting into the mail celebrity room, the line just to get in was 2+ hours easy.

Patricia Quinn, a wet hot mess. I couldn't tell if that was her "bit" or she was just drunk or what was going on, but she's VERY animated. And 1974 Quinn vs 2016 Quinn----- :whatthe:

Monkees line for Peter Tork & Dolenz----very quick. Too bad I didn't have anything for them :sorry:

That being said, I really kind of feel like a lot of people may have slept through an opportunity.

Several people confirmed that this was the first public Meatloaf signing / appearance since the 1990s when he did a book tour. And that apparently he's retiring this year. He's got a final album coming out this year and possibly a tour and that's it. Adios.

Less than 10 books were done for Meatloaf. Two are in black hole private collections, I can say that because I know the boardies who sent them to me, and they rarely sell books.

Here are my three-----I completely forgot that Meatloaf played Bithc T iT Bob in Fight Club!

I had to dig these out and crack them---they were 9.8 s/s Cameron Stewart and one even had Chuck Palahniuck and I almost forgot I had that one.

fight1.jpg

fight2.jpg

fight3.jpg

Alice Cooper was awesome. Line moved at a healthy pace, he chatted with everyone and shook hands and seemed to really enjoy himself. He commented on the MP 50 books, and said he'll always love Stan Lee because Stan gave him abs in the comic lol

Big thanks all the way around to everyone who partook in this event.

My witness probably had more fun than I did!

cooper.jpg