• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weekend Charity Auction Thread - CLOSED

38 posts in this topic

Hi All - It might be a little wordy, but thanks for taking a look!

As some of you know, Over the last couple years, I have run a few threads to try and raise some money for Stand Up 2 Cancer. All were successful due to the Generosity of you Boardies! This horrible disease has affected most of (if not all) us in one way or another. It took my Mother a few years ago, and that's when I decided to try and help. Every little bit helps!

My niece Nicole is involved in the "Relay for Life". She's making her run for I believe the 4th time in Honor of her late Grandmother (my Mother) I am VERY proud of her involvement. So in order to help out her and her Team, I will be running this auction this weekend with some cool items. Comics, comic related stuff, and some Sports cards. (I'm still digging up some more stuff) with 100% going to her Team.

It would be easiest for any winner to send payment directly to Nicole's page. I believe you will get the Tax write-off that way. Shipping in USA will be on me!! Once I see that the donation was made, I will send your item.

Here is a link to Nicole's page - http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY16LS?px=33357384&pg=personal&fr_id=72846&utm_campaign=rfl_2016&utm_source=mobile_app&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=ask_family_friends

**EDIT - I've had a couple PM's asking about just sending a small donation.... by all means, feel free to use the above link. And Thank You! If you could just put "CGC" in the name somewhere, I can keep track.

The Rules:

- There will be 2 Threads... This one, and 1 in the Gold Silver Bronze thread with comics - http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9290618#Post9290618

- All bidding will start once an item is listed, and close on Sunday April 17th at 9pm EST

- All Item will start at $1, and ask that bids go up in at least $1 increments

- Please Quote the item you are bidding on

- Please wait until we exchange PM's before paying for any item

- Again - Shipping in USA in FREE! Elsewhere, please PM and we can work something out

If we've never dealt before, check out my Kudo's thread. Also, please feel free to PM any and ALL questions or concerns

Even if you don't bid, feel free to bump it to keep it visible - Thanks

Let's start with this...

3 Vintage Mead Iron-On. Packs of notebook paper with a Free Iron-On in it. They made 4 different characters. I thought I had a HULK, but I can't find it. So your bid will be for this lot of 3

Start $1

0aRsJzUh.jpg

Another item I won here in a different Charity Thread a while back

Super Friends (Early 80's) Poster along with 9 Autographed cards. No COA's here, but not sure why someone would fake these?

The sigs include:

Olan Sole - Batman

Ted Knight - Announcer

Casey Kasem - Robin

Shannon Farnon - Wonder Woman

Norman Alden - Aquaman

Michael Bell - Gleek

William Calloway - Aquaman

Jack Angel - Samuri

Buster Jones - Black Vulcan

I believe 4 are deceased, and 5 are still alive. I don't know if any are rare or not?

Start $1

x3DVgtOh.jpg

Another item I won here in a different Charity Thread a while back

Super Friends (Early 80's) Poster along with 9 Autographed cards. No COA's here, but not sure why someone would fake these?

The sigs include:

Olan Sole - Batman

Ted Knight - Announcer

Casey Kasem - Robin

Shannon Farnon - Wonder Woman

Norman Alden - Aquaman

Michael Bell - Gleek

William Calloway - Aquaman

Jack Angel - Samuri

Buster Jones - Black Vulcan

I believe 4 are deceased, and 5 are still alive. I don't know if any are rare or not?

Start $1

x3DVgtOh.jpg

$15

Small lot of Michael Jordan cards. I know they aren't comic related, but they were in a box in the closet, so maybe someone will want them!

These are all in great shape!

Start $1

4gm0R1dh.jpg

Im adding these to the lot -

kiWcUZ9h.jpg

FAKE - 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle - PSA 5.5 - FAKE

This is the real case, but has a REPRINT 52 Topps Mantle inside. Whoever faked these, did a great job. The case itself looks untampered

Very Cool conversation piece. Been sitting on my shelf in my comic room.

I've never tried to sell this, I dont even know if I'm allowed to put it in this auction? If someone knows the legalities of it, PLEASE PM and LMK

But for now - Start $1

5s1oNrYh.jpg

qF75ZC6h.jpg

This is the real case, but has a REPRINT 52 Topps Mantle inside. Whoever faked these, did a great job. The case itself looks untampered

I've never tried to sell this, I dont even know if I'm allowed to put it in this auction? If someone knows the legalities of it, PLEASE PM and LMK

But for now - Start $1

5s1oNrYh.jpg

qF75ZC6h.jpg

This is cool, hope it doesnt have to be removed...

$10

But for now - Start $1

5s1oNrYh.jpg

qF75ZC6h.jpg

This is cool, hope it doesnt have to be removed...

$10

Wow that's scary. Fake Mantle card in fake PSA slab. I wonder if people have fallen for those.

Saturday Morning Update:

- Iron Ons - $20

- SuperFriends Auto's - $15

- CGC Wall Holders - $10

- Jordan cards - $15

- GI Joe send away - $5

- FAKE PSA Mantle FAKE - $10

More stuff to come this afternoon!!