• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is AMAZING

21 posts in this topic

"Thanks for the message. Below is my earlier response to a similar query. I was unable to retrieve older messages through eBay mobile and the website so I need to go through my actual email correspondences and will need a bit more time to retrieve the required info:

I had purchased the book off eBay a few years ago and the seller said that he got it from his dad, who wanted to clear his old books. I bought a big lot from him and there were three signed Ditko books in the lot.

He told me that his dad picked the Ditko books up during a charity sale where the books were donated and they came with COAs.

Unfortunately PGX has yet to return me the COAs but I can try to dig up my old eBay records to see who the seller actually was (I don't think he had a negative rating), my old correspondence with him on the books, plus pictures of the COAs before they were submitted. I should have them somewhere but will need time to dig them up.

Let me know if you require these for your consideration."

:facepalm:

ditko%20text%203_zpsic2gclo0.jpg

Ditko%20text%202_zpst4rpeeiw.jpg

ditko%20text_zpsjhbs1teu.jpg

So signed when he was inducted into the Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1990? Silver sharpies were introduced to the public in December 2002

This is a site that talks about silver sharpies and a post showing what appears to be an official released press statement from Sharpie from Dec. 2002. Another post below that one from Jan 2003 stating that they just bought the new silver sharpie that was released a few weeks earlier.

http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/002040.html

sharpie%201_zps1nnm0bfa.jpg

sharpie%202_zpsnoohocyp.jpg

sharpie%203_zpsdaclv7gb.jpg

Not saying that this is real....at all.....but

Weren't silver/gold paint pens around well before the Sharpies? I seem to remember having a gold one as a kid in the 80s/90s that I used to write my name on things