• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

377 posts in this topic

The CBCS grades in general are disappointing, especially the modern/bronze grades where defects just scream out at you but then you look at the corner and see 9.6. :( This auction has a lot of neat stuff but I'm having a tough time finding one book that is a must have. I'm kinda bummed out about this one.

Look at the next HA auction and compare the Batman 62 the is an 8.5 to the Batman 84 that is an 8.0. Do these two books look like they are 0.5 apart? The 8.0 is OW/W but looking at the edge tanning and the chip on the top right corner and I would be worried about the cover being brittle.

Links? I can't seem to find either book. hm

Batman 84 :sick::sick::sick:

Batman 62

The crumpled corner looks terrible especially with what appears to be heavy tanning. :eek: Those guys are generally good people and have built up years of credibility in this hobby but IMO they are close to flushing all that down the toilet with this shoddy approach to grading. They have moved over to the dark side.

That Batman 84 is a 6.5 at best. Corner damage, plus reading crease, plus heavy tanning.

The CBCS grades in general are disappointing, especially the modern/bronze grades where defects just scream out at you but then you look at the corner and see 9.6. :( This auction has a lot of neat stuff but I'm having a tough time finding one book that is a must have. I'm kinda bummed out about this one.

Look at the next HA auction and compare the Batman 62 the is an 8.5 to the Batman 84 that is an 8.0. Do these two books look like they are 0.5 apart? The 8.0 is OW/W but looking at the edge tanning and the chip on the top right corner and I would be worried about the cover being brittle.

Batman 62

The crumpled corner looks terrible especially with what appears to be heavy tanning. :eek: Those guys are generally good people and have built up years of credibility in this hobby but IMO they are close to flushing all that down the toilet with this shoddy approach to grading. They have moved over to the dark side.

That Batman 84 is a 6.5 at best. Corner damage, plus reading crease, plus heavy tanning.

Sadly they are a complete joke imho. I put them on par with PGX. :sorry:

Batman 62

Just looked at the Batman 62. Huge colorbreaking crease through the word "Exposing" on the cover, and big dog ear folds on the back cover. I would grade that book a 6.0

Batman 62

Just looked at the Batman 62. Huge colorbreaking crease through the word "Exposing" on the cover, and big dog ear folds on the back cover. I would grade that book a 6.0

Those grades are a horror. But hey, no Newton rings! :D

Batman 62

Sadly they are a complete joke imho. I put them on par with PGX. :sorry:

They are certainly headed in the wrong direction , Steve needs to take back control of the grading or maybe double check himself if he wants this company to have a viable future

Steve needs to take back control of the grading or maybe double check himself if he wants this company to have a viable future

DIscount%20Double%20Check.jpg

The Batman 28 in the current HA auction has some "odd" stuff in the case that looks like paper flakes. Zoom in on the top left edge of the cover and look at the little paper flakes. hm

Batman 28

It looks like paper flakes to me; I wouldnt expect those on a book that supposedly has off-white-to-white pages. However, the book was graded in 2010, and that may have fallen into the time period when books that were slabbed right after pressing got a page-quality bump because the extra moisture made them feel more supple than they actually were. I think CGC has since wised up.

I find it hard to tell whether they are paper flakes or tiny shards of plastic. I've seen stray bits of plastic end up in holders.

They appear to be dark beige—the color of tanned pages, in other words. If you look at the back cover, I think you'll agree that the pages appear to be darker along the top edge of the book, so maybe that's where the flakes came from.

I find it hard to tell whether they are paper flakes or tiny shards of plastic. I've seen stray bits of plastic end up in holders.

They appear to be dark beige—the color of tanned pages, in other words. If you look at the back cover, I think you'll agree that the pages appear to be darker along the top edge of the book, so maybe that's where the flakes came from.

It was a book I planned to bid on but after seeing the USO (Unidentified Slabbed Object) I decided to pass. Glad I looked at it more carefully.

Right you are. It's very clear on the back.

Also looks like some SCS might be going on.

Apologies if I ask here, but I wished to know if there is a way to delete your account at ha.com – I am not intentioned to continue using it, and I have looked but it seems there is no effective way to delete it from the site, and from your Profile pages.

Apologies if I ask here, but I wished to know if there is a way to delete your account at ha.com – I am not intentioned to continue using it, and I have looked but it seems there is no effective way to delete it from the site, and from your Profile pages.

cant find out how, but this yelp review says accounts cant be deleted...

Even if you can't delete your account, you can get them to stop sending you e-mails -- if that's what's bothering you. There is a link at the bottom of their e-mails "Unsubscribe from these e-mails"

Aren't those flakes or whatever outside the inner well? Seems to me they'd have to have been sealed in during encapsulation, in which case they may not be from this book.

Aren't those flakes or whatever outside the inner well? Seems to me they'd have to have been sealed in during encapsulation, in which case they may not be from this book.

...... they could be flakes of dead flesh..... I'm told CGC chains the graders to the grading table and it sometimes gets so busy that they forget to feed them for days and days. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u