• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many people can possibly think they need to start a comic investing site??

41 posts in this topic

The only good investment blog /site i know is this one

http://earlyretirementdiary.com/category/comic-investing/

He used to post sometimes at lyria and he posts sometimes at a google community

:facepalm:

The Teen Titans TV series is dead. And there will not be 3 Green Lantern's from Earth in the next Green Lantern movie. And I promise you the first Green Lantern won't have the initials G. G.

If that is the best the Internet has to offer, I feel sorry for comic investors who follow these sites.

The only good investment blog /site i know is this one

http://earlyretirementdiary.com/category/comic-investing/

He used to post sometimes at lyria and he posts sometimes at a google community

:facepalm:

The Teen Titans TV series is dead. And there will not be 3 Green Lantern's from Earth in the next Green Lantern movie. And I promise you the first Green Lantern won't have the initials G. G.

If that is the best the Internet has to offer, I feel sorry for comic investors who follow these sites.

He cant be right everytime . I made some great flips thanks to him

On the other hand comic investing is so obvious that you dont need websites or blogs , you need a big wallet because the Big Guns are the ones that get more profit

Amazing Fantasy 15 , Batman 1 , ASM 1 ,. Just hoard copies of those titles , that´s my advice ;)

A little OT and probably not the best place to post as most of us are true collectors but I've sometimes wondered whether anyone would attempt to start an investment fund

buying and selling key comics. As a collector I'd shun it as I want to have my books in hand however for someone who's in it just for monetary purposes this would potentially be a good way to invest.

I'd imagine if you had enough investors you could snag some pretty amazing books. We all know what the rate of return on investment grade comics have been over the last x years has been.

Like anything else there'd certainly be risk involved. Just wondering aloud.

Anyone who can afford to hoard the Big Three isn't seeking financial advice on the web.

Thats because that kind of money doesn´t normally come from comic books , unless you re a dealer . You can get some money with medium key´s and make some flips but thats all... the real money is in the Big Guns . In my case i have a real state business so when i have some sale i invest some money in comic books . Sometimes i flip some books to get some cool keys , i just brought a nice Showcase 30 by flipping books in two months . I will get a big gun with a good sale in case i dont have to invest more money in business wich is first now

A little OT and probably not the best place to post as most of us are true collectors but I've sometimes wondered whether anyone would attempt to start an investment fund

buying and selling key comics. As a collector I'd shun it as I want to have my books in hand however for someone who's in it just for monetary purposes this would potentially be a good way to invest.

I'd imagine if you had enough investors you could snag some pretty amazing books. We all know what the rate of return on investment grade comics have been over the last x years has been.

Like anything else there'd certainly be risk involved. Just wondering aloud.

I would love to do that , best investment here on mexico is real estate , but not everyone has the money so a lot of people buy life insurrances and stuff like that . Comics are cool investment here because , USD always rises .. for example i brought a ST 110 3 years ago 1 USD cost me 12 pesos now USD is $17.5 pesos and ST 110 gained some value so i won the USD value and the comic value

Is there that many people "investing" in books that all of these websites can be viable from a financial standpoint?

I think these are mostly all hobbyists... People looking to experiment by combining affiliate marketing income with their interest by blogging about potential hot books and linking them to sales places for cents on the dollar commission.

I certainly don't see any signs of life for a true investment market, especially not here, across the pond, in Australia.

TV shows and movies are definitely driving the asking price of books up. But I think the majority of buyers are still collectors (genres, runs, appearances) or are people who just love a character and want to own the relevant key and have the disposable income to not worry about outlaying the dollarydoos for the book.

Of course there are still rabid speculators... and every other type of buyer... I just get the feeling that the majority of buyers fit the personas above.

Personally, I just want to get my hands on mid-grade, nicely presenting, copies of books I want to own before some movie announcement drives the price out of my modest range.

Comics fund: this is a terrible idea for a collector. Why would any I invest in a comic fund when that's simply taking money away from comics I could buy and own while at the same time driving up the potential price of those comics that I'd like to buy and own on my own. I'd be basically competing against myself.

Investing in individual comics to flip, eh knock yourself out. Like with anything, insider information is key otherwise it's all just pump and dump or hope to catch the wave in time.

my early retirement is the best site hands down. He is the most thoughtful and his picks are well researched of the few I've looked at. typically he is 6-12 months ahead of the hype.

Also, Wizard magazine wasn't bad in its little side box about what might become hot...

it predicted The Walking Dead in one of its last issues. i don't remember the details but it basically advised buying up the 1st 5-10 issues because of short print runs and increasing popularity with each issue.

Plenty of websites on Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster too.

thee%20fiddy_zpsnf44caos.jpg

That's one sharp dressed monster, I'd buy a book from him.

...from the "Beany and Cecil" live action reboot. It fared poorly in theaters.

Plenty of websites on Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster too.

thee%20fiddy_zpsnf44caos.jpg

That's one sharp dressed monster, I'd buy a book from him.

...from the "Beany and Cecil" live action reboot. It fared poorly in theaters.

:signfunny: