• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

the fact that Barry even asks for TAR.... I know it doesn't affect me directly, but it makes me think less of him.

Yes - like writers and comic book guys expecting royalties.

All the profits should go to we parasites Dork

G'nite zzz

Conflating Intellectual Property Right with Standard Property Rights. :cloud9:

the fact that Barry even asks for TAR.... I know it doesn't affect me directly, but it makes me think less of him.

G'nite zzz

Conflating Intellectual Property Right with Standard Property Rights. :cloud9:

nailed it.

G'nite zzz

Apart from your choice of words "parasites dork"

The artist has the freedom to set the price when he sells the piece and the freedom to keep it if he chooses, just like the rest of us. And I now think less of you too. :news:

The happiness which brings enduring worth to life is not the superficial happiness that is dependent on circumstances. It is the happiness and contentment that fills the soul even in the midst of the most distressing circumstances and the most bitter environment. It is the kind of happiness that grins when things go wrong and smiles through the tears. The happiness for which our souls ache is one undisturbed by success or failure, one which will root deeply inside us and give inward relaxation, peace, and contentment, no matter what the surface problems may be. That kind of happiness stands in need of no outward stimulus.

G'nite zzz

It must be interesting to have zero testosterone.

Good morning.

It helps differentiate us from sexist Neanderthals like you.

G'nite zzz

G'nite zzz

The artist has the freedom to set the price when he sells the piece and the freedom to keep it if he chooses, just like the rest of us. And I now think less of you too. :news:

The happiness which brings enduring worth to life is not the superficial happiness that is dependent on circumstances. It is the happiness and contentment that fills the soul even in the midst of the most distressing circumstances and the most bitter environment. It is the kind of happiness that grins when things go wrong and smiles through the tears. The happiness for which our souls ache is one undisturbed by success or failure, one which will root deeply inside us and give inward relaxation, peace, and contentment, no matter what the surface problems may be. That kind of happiness stands in need of no outward stimulus.

G'nite zzz

Good morning.

G'nite zzz

But, it's the morning. ???

Is that like a "signature" or something?

Maybe find a mic-drop smiley or something, because saying G'nite at 9am* gives of more of a confused vibe

*cst

Another day, another Wrightson piece, or two: DC Special Series 2 wraparound cover featuring Swamp Thing and "Taking No Chances" painting (no image yet).

This is unbelievable. Less than 50 items listed so far and for me and my interests, is shaping up to be one of the greatest OA offerings of all time. I'm speechless.

Scott

G'nite zzz

G'nite zzz

Good morning.

G'nite zzz

But, it's the morning. ???

Is that like a "signature" or something?

Maybe find a mic-drop smiley or something, because saying G'nite at 9am* gives of more of a confused vibe

*cst

???

But, It's 11:58 p.m.

I do travel a lot and only get to the boards late evening.

おやすみなさい。

O-yasumi nasai

G'nite zzz

Another day, another Wrightson piece, or two: DC Special Series 2 wraparound cover featuring Swamp Thing and "Taking No Chances" painting (no image yet).

This is unbelievable. Less than 50 items listed so far and for me and my interests, is shaping up to be one of the greatest OA offerings of all time. I'm speechless.

Scott

Just remember what they're saying, bidding is a lot like inking, you don't lift your hand from the mouse/pen until the job is done.

Disclaimer: The author is neither an inker nor a winner.

Just remember what they're saying, bidding is a lot like inking, you don't lift your hand from the mouse/pen until the job is done.

You're a winner in my book, Rotem. (thumbs u

G'nite zzz

G'nite zzz

Good morning.

G'nite zzz

np9M3YF.jpg

You're a winner in my book, Rotem. (thumbs u

Many times at the end of an auction I do say "what was I (th)inking?"

Scott

If you are a Wrightson collector this is going to me an interesting summer. :cloud9:

If you are a Wrightson collector this is going to me an interesting expensive summer. :cloud9:

fixed

:eek:

At the risk of sounding naive, and admitting I know very little about the Wrightson market...

Is the Swamp Thing # 1 cover a $150,000 cover or wayyyyyyy above ?

I'm naive on this market as well, but I'm thinking double that. 300-350k?

Its on the short list of most desirable wrightson works in existence

I wanna see a scan before I put down a firm number what i think

I wanna see a scan before I put down a firm number what i think

I could see special series 2 (also for sale) getting close to your 150k. Its another excellent early ST cover.

6f7e253d695ed0db23f0a50bc21a4f58.jpg

So many wraparound covers look awkward as originals because the art is forced to work as left and right hand sides individually and then in composite, and it never quite works out.

This is one of the few where it works beautifully both as a front cover and as a wraparound.

So many wraparound covers look awkward as originals because the art is forced to work as left and right hand sides individually and then in composite, and it never quite works out.

This is one of the few where it works beautifully both as a front cover and as a wraparound.

Like I said, I'm not a wrightson guy

I love his work but it's outside of my knowledge base

I see swamp thing and I think - creamed spinach

But I get the importance

And I do love the art