• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2017 at 9:15 PM, BigNoidtheDroid said:

I had the run from issue # 6 to about 70 something as I had a subscription back then. I gave 95 percent away in 2002 to a friend who lost his 30 yr collection in a freak dryer lint fire. I did keep a few random issues #7 Flash Variant, # 11 Spawn, #14 Women of Marvel from that time, and Issue # 42 Alex Ross Heroes Gatefold Wrap Around Variant are the ones off top of my head. I don't see the #7 Flash Variant much at all. Whenever I see #7, it's always for the X-O Manowar cover. My uncle gave me the Flash version and kept the X-O cover before I ended up subscribing after # 10.

Wow that's terrible about what happened :(  :o you are a awesome friend though to do what you did man props to ya. :) 

I found the Punisher #100 "orange" variant while rummaging through my boxes (hardly "in the wild"...but it was purchased "in the wild") in nice shape too... while I would have suspected it had some value just because it is a later issue, thanks to these boards I knew it was "extra special"... right next to a #102 as well, which is also a good one

Very nice... I've only run across a few #102s in the wild in the last few years, 1 for a buck that I passed on foolishly, 1 for $10 that I bought a year later, and one as a wall book at a store for $50. Never seen a single orange #100 and I'm very close to the point of paying near premium for one.

Feels like the local stores have dried up in the last few weeks, not finding my usual rare-ish book for stupid cheap per week lol. 

14 hours ago, BishopT said:

Very nice... I've only run across a few #102s in the wild in the last few years, 1 for a buck that I passed on foolishly, 1 for $10 that I bought a year later, and one as a wall book at a store for $50. Never seen a single orange #100 and I'm very close to the point of paying near premium for one.

Feels like the local stores have dried up in the last few weeks, not finding my usual rare-ish book for stupid cheap per week lol. 

I had another 102 that I sold recently, so I was pleasantly surprised to find another.

The orange 100 should be in the VCC. 

I haven't found much lately either, most of my comic buying has been new overstock that my son will wind up getting as bonuses for good grades.  I've told him the days of me just giving him stuff are over, I need to see 90s on his report cards and not just in gym!

I was somewhere and found about 40 copies of 1st Copycat, which might be worth a couple of bucks.  I was psyched as they were 5 for $1.  And then I looked more closely and every single one of them had water damage on the lower half.  The box they were in must have gotten wet. Oh well.  

Edited by the blob

On 2016-06-11 at 2:33 AM, Mattyeo said:

sandman 75 2nd print was release right after but i guess most shop did not sell out and hence not many order the 2nd print. the one at ebay never sold its copies at 1999 since it listomg ladt yr

Going through a friend's collection and found a Sandman 75 2nd print signed. Any ideas on value? Saw a copy on feebay listed at 399.00

Edited by bellrules

9 hours ago, bellrules said:

Going through a friend's collection and found a Sandman 75 2nd print signed. Any ideas on value? Saw a copy on feebay listed at 399.00

Signatures series has really changed that market. Now its kinda hit and miss. Some books still sell very well, but there is a authentication issue some cant get over for some books. $400 does seem way high though even for a harder to find book.

Edited by fastballspecial

Found some pretty solid stuff at a mini show today, a few of these are the first time I've come across them;

Tomb Raider #33, 46, 50 (Hughes covers)

Solar Man of The Atom #10 (looks at least 9.4, only second high grade I've found for a good price)

Warlock and The Infinity Watch #41, 42 (only the second #42 I've found in the wild)

Wildcats vol.1 #1, 2 (newsstand editions, and two of #2)

Incredible Hulk #92 (Planet Hulk part 1)

All of those for just under $50.

While the Genus are not my cup of tea there is a market for these. The # 4 with Terry Moore's first? published work is a PC addition.  Dirtbag # 2 I have always looked for  and the incredibly overpriced TPB for the Innovation Lost In Space series which is the only way to finish reading the story. Total spent $31, The Genus# 1- 3 sold on the bay in less than  an hour after listing.

1lis.JPG

Edited by THB

3 hours ago, THB said:

While the Genus are not my cup of tea there is a market for these. The # 4 with Terry Moore's first? published work is a PC addition.  Dirtbag # 2 I have always looked for  and the incredibly overpriced TPB for the Innovation Lost In Space series which is the only way to finish reading the story. Total spent $31, The Genus# 1- 3 sold on the bay in less than  an hour after listing.

1lis.JPG

Nice pickup on the Lost in Space Voyage to the Bottom of the Soul. How many of those were actually printed? 200? I know that most have damage and are usually dinged up pretty badly from being shipped in an envelope. I have owned four copies and none have sold for less than $150. Good pickup if you got all that for $31!

40 minutes ago, THB said:

Another odd comic to find.....It is driving me crazy trying to find any info on this comic.

dc.JPG

Have you seen this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DCUO-DC-Universe-Online-Comic-NEW-/311574672485?hash=item488b4c3465:m:mW1_lWdi_JTEXdUU9j-PVcA

Seller might have some info. 

4 minutes ago, THB said:

Thanks!! What the hey did you type in to find it? :)

I did:

dc universe online comic -legends

.....on ebay.com from the UK. 

No rhyme nor reason to Ebay results nowadays!

Found myself a copy of Alf #48 today, some discoloration along the edges and a few spine ticks, but at $5 I can't complain. The guy who runs the shop also pulled out a stack of Spoof Comics with the AH covers, but he hadn't gotten around to pricing them. I will have to go back and check on them next week.

58 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Found myself a copy of Alf #48 today, some discoloration along the edges and a few spine ticks, but at $5 I can't complain. The guy who runs the shop also pulled out a stack of Spoof Comics with the AH covers, but he hadn't gotten around to pricing them. I will have to go back and check on them next week.

That's one book I never even see at shows. Id buy it just to say I found one. Great find in any grade.

That's pretty much it. It was the first copy I'd ever even seen in person, and it's such an oddball cover, pretty great for bragging rights. The store I got it from just got in 80 long boxes of random bronze/copper age books and they put out some later Alf issues, which caused me to ask if he had seen the #48 seal cover. He said he and his main supplier actually found two of these in that one collection and kind of nerded out over it. He did a great job in ensuring my loyalty as a customer, as this is a book he could have easily just not have sold in store and marked up for eBay. This is a book I'll have a hard time wanting to sell down the line, it's just gonna be tucked away in my PC.

Edited by BishopT