• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

I dunno, but I was pretty excited to find a Savage Dragon 1 ns today, the first I've come across since I've been paying attention. From my browsing over the last half year, that's one for every 50 or so I've looked at.

32 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Relax all we will find some other books to fixate on at some point its just the "new" thing currently.
Its okay Hector you will find one.

I am going to a hotspot this weekend I will post something other then some newsstand I swear.

lol

Okay, something that's not a newsstand Image... not modern, either, but found a great copy of Godzilla #23 (the Avengers crossover) for $2 from my main back issue shop. Also found a Flash #137 vol. 2 (1st Black Flash) for a buck at 2nC... I only ever see this as a marked up wall book since I've been looking for it, so it was a nice treat.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

Okay, something that's not a newsstand Image... not modern, either, but found a great copy of Godzilla #23 (the Avengers crossover) for $2 from my main back issue shop. Also found a Flash #137 vol. 2 (1st Black Flash) for a buck at 2nC... I only ever see this as a marked up wall book since I've been looking for it, so it was a nice treat.

I haven't seen a Godzilla 23 in years. Of course I haven't been looking either, but its not a book you run across a lot.

It counts.  Doesn't really matter where you found it. 

Starting to think it's infinitely hard to find a good deal at a shop in comparison to the wild. 

I picked up a Bloodstone set and Sunfire & the Big 6 set today for cheap.  

Patrick

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, jsilverjanet said:

This thread has evolved into the Image Newstand books hard to find in the wild

:blush:

Well I finally found an X-Men 281 newsstand this weekend. It took some looking because the bar code is on the back cover rather than the front.

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Cool book and hard to find, but not even close to being a Modern Comic.

Oh right. I forgot we are doing moderns here. Sorry. I got excited about finding this variant in the wild, haha

On 6/5/2017 at 10:57 PM, Philflound said:

Mentioned that I picked up Maxx #1 here. Not sure if people go through every page, so I wanted to repost this find from about a month ago. :)

Just found Pitt #3 ns last week.

Found two Shadowhawk #1 ns today, as well as a mid grade WildCATS #1 ns... still on the hunt for a Supreme #1 ns and The Maxx #1 and up newsstands. Also, last week at Heroes I found a Spawn #100 newsstand for $10, don't know if the ratio goes down the higher you go in Spawn issues, but I'd imagine that one's pretty scarce, right? I've been looking for a newsstand Spawn #96 newsstand for the last couple of years, and the only other one from that time frame I've found in high grade is #97 (the Angela cover). Did they do newsstands for Spawn in the 200s at all?