• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to put together a high grad run in raw form for the Bolland Wonder Woman covers. After searching a handful of shops in Denver and Colorado Springs, and viewing this thread, I now realize what an up hill battle this will be...

Yeah, I love my Bolland run of WW, been sellin' off my dupes.

vAlUM3.jpg

I love Bolland just as much as the next guy, but from the first day that cover came out... I really can't stand it.

Superman's mullet is off putting, but the shot of WW is amazing.

How does superman cut his hair?

The mullet of steel! Superman didn't lose the mullet until the wedding special in 96/97. Something about a blackout with the sun, so no powers for superman, which meant he could finally get a hair cut. Stupid...

I always assumed batman has some kryptonite razors and supes goes to Alfred every couple of weeks for a shave and cut

How HTF are the last three issues of Darkhawk? What about Ghost Rider #93?

I haven't looked for the GR book, but the final Darkhawks, like many final marvel books during that time, are.

Does buying them from a store owner's massive collection count?

To me it does. They haven't been put in captivity and shown off on the secondary market yet.

Nice finds.

I probably should have asked would that count and not does it count as I am still missing Darkhawk #48, Darkhawk #49, and Darkhawk #50.

I've been wanting to put together a high grad run in raw form for the Bolland Wonder Woman covers. After searching a handful of shops in Denver and Colorado Springs, and viewing this thread, I now realize what an up hill battle this will be...

vAlUM3.jpg

I love Bolland just as much as the next guy, but from the first day that cover came out... I really can't stand it.

The mullet of steel! Superman didn't lose the mullet until the wedding special in 96/97. Something about a blackout with the sun, so no powers for superman, which meant he could finally get a hair cut. Stupid...

I always assumed batman has some kryptonite razors and supes goes to Alfred every couple of weeks for a shave and cut

If Superman were to cut himself while shaving with one of said razors, then could he possibly die of blood poisoning?

vAlUM3.jpg

You are absolutely correct - I should have specified more closely, thanks for adding nuance :applause:

I understand. I would not sell if I had it. Never hurts to make an offer though.

I've got 3 copies none that are "grade worthy"

This is the only book on earth I wanted in super high grade.

I make only a modest living so 300 or so is the highest I'm "allowed" to spend on a comic. My wife would never understand lol

Well you know we're I am if you ever you change your mind.

Hmmmmm...what do you think is a good estimated value for this book? I know it's hard to say because it's worth what someone is willing to pay but maybe 500+???

It's definitely a tough one. More will pop out of the woodwork eventually, so keep your eyes peeled. Keeping my copy, but appreciate the very generous amount. :foryou:

Yea there coming out already. 4 listings on eBay now and one sold the other day.

That's the most I've ever seen listed in my life!

They must be watching the forums.

They are watching its always been that way. Its a double edge sword by discussing books here, but for those looking this is the most copies on ebay I have seen in a very long time.

They like to talk about other sites, but the money and experience is still here.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I've only seen one copy of Zombie Tramp Vol. 1 #1, 1st print. Super rare and tough book to find since there were less than 100 copies printed.

Not the action labs one, right?

No. That is vol.2 mini and vol.3 ongoing.

Those books have lots of variants and are found common as dirt.

Vol 1 is impossible and really don't look for its that hard to find.

V2 is tough not impossible as I have found some, but very tough.

V3 sells well for me when I find them in $1 boxes. It has a cult following.

vAlUM3.jpg

John Byrne addressed this in the late '80s:

409faf6f42bc13ef262898cda391041f.jpg

vAlUM3.jpg

He must have some elaborate setup to trim his hair around back though.

vAlUM3.jpg

He must have some elaborate setup to trim his hair around back though.

Kryptonians don't grow hair there, little known fact.

I've only seen one copy of Zombie Tramp Vol. 1 #1, 1st print. Super rare and tough book to find since there were less than 100 copies printed.

These books have a lot of variant covers plus they've reused some of their older covers with later volumes which adds to the confusion. These are the covers for Vol.1 #1 and Vol.2 #1. The cover for Vol.2 #1 was been used on another one of their books under Action Lab.

zombie%20tramp%20vol.1%201%20Vol.2%202_zps07iwfapw.jpg[/img]

These books have a lot of variant covers plus they've reused some of their older covers with later volumes which adds to the confusion. These are the covers for Vol.1 #1 and Vol.2 #1. The cover for Vol.2 #1 was been used on another one of their books under Action Lab.

zombie%20tramp%20vol.1%201%20Vol.2%202_zps07iwfapw.jpg[/img]

This is one of the few times I am fine with them doing that. They are a small company so anything to draw new readers in. Its campy humor similar to Hack Slash years ago.

Poor Image, but a tough find I think I kept the only copy I have found of this book.

Condition on many of these is next to impossible to get in NM.

ma10.jpg

Great book. Discussed it on the P&D thread last week. Better than all those horrendous looking 2nd print key covers