• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Same bidder won 2 and they were the second bidder on the third.

hmm... so more of an isolated incident... amazing that someone would buy it when you can find them so easily in a dollar bin.

hm

7 hours ago, revat said:
7 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Same bidder won 2 and they were the second bidder on the third.

hmm... so more of an isolated incident... amazing that someone would buy it when you can find them so easily in a dollar bin.

hm

If you find or found a NM copy of an Image newsstand in the $1 boxes then you got lucky. Most aren't anywhere near it. Its not just that they are
harder to find, but they are harder to find in high grade. This is where some don't draw a difference.  

You can find a VG/F copy I have found a couple of those in almost every title, but NM nope.
I found one copy of Wildcats that was a true NM copy. The rest that are in high grade for me have been VF/NM to NM-.

Maybe some have had better luck, but I have looked at a lot of copies now in several states.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

If you find or found a NM copy of an Image newsstand in the $1 boxes then you got lucky. Most aren't anywhere near it. Its not just that they are
harder to find, but they are harder to find in high grade. This is where some don't draw a difference.  

You can find a VG/F copy I have found a couple of those in almost every title, but NM nope.
I found one copy of Wildcats that was a true NM copy. The rest that are in high grade for me have been VF/NM to NM-.

Maybe some have had better luck, but I have looked at a lot of copies now in several states.

I must be pretty lucky cuz I found several NM.   Of course, I've only checked about 4 LCS so far. 

My wildcats 1 is in terrible condition though  G or VG. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:06 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

That's a great book.

Pressman printings are something I always keep an eye out for.  I'm a huge Jim Lee fan so this will always be one of my favorite book.  Plus the silver/gray background goes great with the blue.  Fantastic colors.

20170720_180807.jpg.307f86072f40449e8393da8ad66c7e2b.jpg

Is there a way to tell its a Pressman without looking at the back?

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
34 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Is there a way to tell its a Pressman without looking at the back?

Most are gold. X-Men 11 is the only one that has a silver tinting.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=Uncanny X-Men 297

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=Uncanny X-Men 303

Here's a visual comparison.  Explains everything...

http://www.totalcomicmayhem.com/2014/07/x-men-pressman-variant-covers.html

4b5996b914009_55946n.jpg.ab9088dbf2e4f69b193f963795e965d9.jpg

11-1.jpg.4d9cec650d4bf176bfb3c554aa0e16ea.jpg

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_297.jpg.3cedbd4063aa266890e604b9ec9d025e.jpg

uncanny_x-men_vol_1_303.jpg.d59fc3ea5a1d787945a2397bf5491ff5.jpg