• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics' More Fun Collection Is For SALE!!!!!!

301 posts in this topic

More Fun Comics #35 (DC, 1938) CGC 8.0

Fantastic Creig Flessel cover. Bob Kane and Bernard Baily stories and art. Joe Shuster art.

There are only FOUR graded copies of this book, and other than an incredible 9.4 the other two are a 1.0 and 1.8!!!!! In 15 years, Heritage has only offered ONE copy for sale!!!!

I sold my CGC 1.0 copy for $1,650.00 in 2010!!!!

So this is a steal for $2,500.00. Good luck finding a copy!!!!!

MF35-2.jpg

Everyone, this book is BACK on the market FOR SALE!!!!!!!

One of the more gorgeous MFs out there. Don't miss it! :makepoint:

More Fun Comics #91 (DC, 1943) CGC 3.0

Green Arrow, Johnny Quick, Aquaman, the Spectre, and Dr. Fate appear. Cliff Young cover. Interior artists include Mort Meskin.

One of the lowest graded copies in my collection and I can easily tell you why. I couldn't find it!! Heritage has auctioned off only ONE copy, and that was way back in 2002 and 2005 (same issue). There are seven other graded copies but they just never crossed my path. I believe I had this one graded so I am likely losing money. Oh well.

Affordable at $150.00 (plus shipping).

20160611_153046_resized_zpstge5uni9.jpg

20160611_153056_resized_zpswiywmmpe.jpg

Fantastic Creig Flessel cover. Bob Kane and Bernard Baily stories and art. Joe Shuster art.

There are only FOUR graded copies of this book, and other than an incredible 9.4 the other two are a 1.0 and 1.8!!!!! In 15 years, Heritage has only offered ONE copy for sale!!!!

MF35-2.jpg

I'll take it!!! I was wanting that one since it's the same month/year as my dad's birthday. .

MF35-2.jpg

I'll take it!!! I was wanting that one since it's the same month/year as my dad's birthday. .

:takeit:

You know you should just buy my whole collection!!! I will give you a discount!! ;)

More Fun Comics #92 (DC, 1943) CGC 7.5

Green Arrow cover by Cliff Young. Doctor Fate, Aquaman, Johnny Quick, and the Spectre features. Mort Meskin art.

Two higher graded copies which, no surprise, are the SF and Church pedigrees, which makes this one the most affordable high-grade copy that exists.

$500.00

MoreFun92.75_zpsbcypqzbo.jpg

More Fun Comics #93 "D" Copy pedigree (DC, 1943) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Off-white pages.

It's old-fashioned fun as Green Arrow and Speedy meet "The Man from the Mauve Decade" (that's the 1890s, in case you were wondering). The cover is by Cliff Young, who also drew the accompanying story. While earlier issues of this title mixed in a few adventure-type characters, this one's an all-superhero affair -- how do Doctor Fate, Aquaman, Johnny Quick, and the Spectre strike you? Note that while Overstreet calls this the first appearance of Dover and Clover, that comedic duo didn't debut until the following issue.

Only the Church copy grades higher so this is the best affordable copy you can find right now! Only seven copies in the census, and Heritage has only offered TWO of them in 15 years!!

$465.00

MoreFun93_zpshskqgb8v.jpg

Green Arrow, Johnny Quick, Aquaman, the Spectre, and Dr. Fate appear. Cliff Young cover. Interior artists include Mort Meskin.

One of the lowest graded copies in my collection and I can easily tell you why. I couldn't find it!! Heritage has auctioned off only ONE copy, and that was way back in 2002 and 2005 (same issue). There are seven other graded copies but they just never crossed my path. I believe I had this one graded so I am likely losing money. Oh well.

More Fun Comics #94 Mile High pedigree (DC, 1943) CGC NM 9.4 Off-white to white pages. It's amazing that more copies of More Fun haven't survived considering the outstanding roster of heroes that populated the book. This issue's got Green Arrow and Speedy, Aquaman, the Spectre, Doctor Fate, and Johnny Quick. Comic relief is provided by twins Dover and Clover. This Mile High copy is one you simply can't go wrong with!

Unbelievably not the highest graded copy as the SF copy beat it slightly at CGC 9.6. Heritage has only offered a small number of copies of this issue, and it's been four years since it had a CGC copy. Most of the offerings date back a decade and more!

$5,000.00 (this is basically what I paid for the book)

20160611_155356_resized_zpskqvsxlib.jpg

You also should just share the collection!!!! (thumbs u

More Fun Comics #95 Mile High pedigree (DC, 1944) CGC VF/NM 9.0 White pages.

Cliff Young's Green Arrow covers for DC's oldest comic series were distinctive enough, but couple that with the Mile High copy, and Mr. Young's handiwork is downright stupefying. Mort Meskin contributes interior art.

Just seven unrestored copies to date, and this is the second highest graded as the Penn copy is at CGC 9.2.

Inexpensive for a MF Church copy at $3,000.00

20160611_155410_resized_zpskud2calo.jpg

ARGGGG!!! Sushi X, you beat me again!!! :sumo:

ARGGGG!!! Sushi X, you beat me again!!! :sumo:

lol !!gotta be quick on the draw!!! :baiting:

You are now my collecting nemesis. :slapfight:

I'm rolling into Studio City tonight and I'm gonna tear up some SUSHI!!

I got my eye on you TeeDub :sumo:

Anything that keeps your eyes off More Funs... but smart man nonetheless. :devil: