• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravage 2099 - Stan Lee's Last scripted Marvel Title???

16 posts in this topic

I'm thumbing through a longbox of late copper last night waiting for something to jump out and bite me on the nose :grin: Sure enough, there's a Ravage 2099 #1 in its gold-foiled splendor, and I think . . . when this becomes popular, the crash has surely come. lol

Looking closer, I notice front and center, Stan the Man's classic signature (nicely located I might add). I say to myself, wtf did someone have Stan sign this piece of drek for? and file it away. Out on a limb already, it occurs to me to look it up on GCD, and sure enough Stan Lee wrote the -script. A few Google searches later and I'm starting to think it may have been the last Marvel title he actually scripted.

Always looking for new ways to pimp (uh, promote) a book, I ask my fellow boardies to confirm or refute this contention. (Hey, I got a real job . . . no time to exhaustively search this puppy.) So do tell - Yay? or Nay? hm

Possibly the last ongoing monthly title. I know he has done some one shots here and there since then.

Yeah, I think it's the last run he did, though 7 issues isn't much of a run. He certainly did more writing after Ravage 2099.

At the time, I remember there being some criticism that Ravage was a ripoff. Of Grimjack, maybe?

Stan? The Man? steal a character and plot??? (unheard of) :grin: