• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon Tampa Bay October 28-30, 2016

79 posts in this topic

It's a new event put on by the same company that puts on MegaCon in Orlando.

http://megacontampabay.com/

The website is lacking content, as it was just announced last week. More details will be added after we wrap up in Dallas.

At MegaCon Orlando Billie Piper announced that she will also be at Megacon Tampa Bay in October with David Tennant.

Wonder what this means for Tampa Comic Con

The Tampa Comic Con is pretty solid, great guests, plenty of space to shop.

You think Megacon is going to pull a Budweiser and try to buy them out too? It seems that two large Cons of this size will stretch peoples wallets and choices will need to be made.

Tampa Con is my favorite con each year. As long as they keep running a quality show it will be a no brainer which show I will attend.

This is the sentiment from many of the people I spoke with. Bill and Stephen have the support of the majority of the local dealers, and most people are looking at this show as another MegaCon Fan Days bust since it follows Tampa CC by less then two months, and is awfully close to the holidays. Besides, I think many just see the migration to the Tampa market as bad form, and considering how many people complained about the disaster that was Fan Days and this last MegaCon, I know of a few vendors who will intentionally stay away.

Now everyone will work extra hard on doing a good job and hopefully the fans in Tampa benefit from both. Concentrate on your event and save the drama for the stage, not the boards.